Socks anything better than Smart wool

dbALE

Socks anything better than Smart wool? I’ve always liked the fit of smart wool socks especially the way the toes are sown and the extra heel padding. The more recent ones, after a few hours of use , bunch up at the toes. Having boots on for 12 + hours this is a pain , I would like some socks that don’t do this. Any suggestions?

Hand-knit socks, of 80%wool/20%acrylic, or, my personal favourite, 52% bamboo, 43% machine merino wool, 5% combed silk.

Comfort level is off the charts, highly durable, and feet stay warm in winter, cool in summer. If your feet get wet, they stay warm, and comfortable, without blisters forming.

My wife is a highly accomplished knitter, and she spoils me.

My Darn Tough's are some percentage merino I believe. Most comfortable socks for running I've ever worn. I bought them because I was getting blisters wearing my standard hanes and costco puma no-shows.

I am a big Smartwool fan but I am slowly but surely realigning my allegiance to Darn Tough. The fact that Darn Tough is (still -- so far local to us in northern New England (VT) is icing on the cake. Best warranty extant for socks -- it's kind of hard to even imagine using a sock warranty.

https://darntough.com/

Hand-knit socks, of 80%wool/20%acrylic, or, my personal favourite, 52% bamboo, 43% machine merino wool, 5% combed silk.

Comfort level is off the charts, highly durable, and feet stay warm in winter, cool in summer. If your feet get wet, they stay warm, and comfortable, without blisters forming.

My wife is a highly accomplished knitter, and she spoils me.

Ernie,
Does your wife take orders?

I'm watching this with interest - I've worn nothing but Smartwool for many years now.

I wear TruForm 20hg knee-high anti-embolism stockings.

Having the vein removed from your leg to patch up your heart dictates what socks you wear. Unless, that is, you want a blood clot.

Looks like a few new brands for me to try out, thanks for the suggestions. It’s all about the long term comfort, today was 3:30am to 3:30pm wearing 8” medium weight steel toe boots. High wool content works best for me year round.

No Smartwool but I have two pairs of Darn Tough and eight pairs of People Socks from Amazon which are listed as 71% Merino and about 1/4 the price of Darn Tough.

I walk between 12,000 and 30,000 steps each work day and good socks and boots go a long way towards making that as easy as possible.

Any of these brands good for diabetics? Most everything I've tried either leaves huge dents in my shin from the top binding or sag. I'm thinking I'd prefer something with a knitted toe too, as most of the sewn ones bunch up and get uncomfortable fast.

Best warranty extant for socks -- it's kind of hard to even imagine using a sock warranty.

https://darntough.com/

Does this include lifetime protection against left sock loss? <G>

I've never heard of smartwool. We've got a lot of dumb sheep in this country and not just the four legged variety. ;)

I like merino blends, trouble is, our wool is exported and made into socks and then sent back to us. Seems crazy to me.

Love wool socks, only type sock fabric I use. Never cotton and G-d forbid anything involving rayon and/or other synthetic materials.

Worked in hosiery for a number of years. Try Omni wool from Sams and Hiwassee Trading at Menards. Believe you will like these..... Ole 10ear!!

Back
Top Bottom