What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Good luck with the house David. Home ownership can be liberating! Looks like in one of the pics it has a little stage. :)
I think used to be where the wood furnace was as that is what was used back in the day. Not functional now , but it is a slab of concrete under that carpet. Ya, it does look like a mini stage, but it is still not this music room the neighbor described. He said they were asking 59,000 when he was interested, but he offered $40,000 and they declined. He told me they would probably take that $40,000 now.

Geez, around here, that would probably buy you the middle finger, and maybe a beef patty.
That’s really amazing.
This is a buyers market area. Most homes are owned by old coal miners. They don't have people coming here to start lives. There are many homes for sale with no buyers around here. I don't think this would re-sell well so I need to be sure it is for me. If so, I will be there probably the remainder of my life so don't matter if it can sell once I get it. That will be my nieces and nephews concern as they get whatever is left from me.

Yes, these are the things I will need to learn and research, hence a busy week. If this is the right deal at the right time, I am ready for it. However, I will need to research all angles and ensure all is good. I don't think they say much on foreclosures. I called the agent on the sign out front and , when asking questions, would only state "I don't know, it is a foreclosure" So buyer beware on these. I will step lightly but with focus.

Definitely do your homework, I'm sure you will. Good Luck, maybe someone around here is well versed in such things.

Hey Room, busy day and will be a busy week so may not post / spin much. I think I have found a house that may work or at least get me rollin' on what needs to be the next stage even if not this one. Everyone has personal preference with homes. I have limited budget but want at least 3 things:
Brick Home
Garage
Enclosed back porch
all others are negotiable.
I found one with all of the above 3 and a great price due to a foreclosure. I saw it on the internet and checked out the outside of it today after work. I have an appointment this Wednesday to check the inside. Local neighbor saw me looking and stopped to talk. He almost bought it but it was a higher price a year ago so his offer was not accepted and bought another one next to his parents nearby. Anyway, I noticed that there is quite a large extension on the garage that pics do not show here. It has it's own HVAC system so it is self sufficient. I asked him what the heck is that built onto the back of the garage. He told me a family used to live there (not the ones that were foreclosed on) that were a gospel music family group big in the area and they build a "Music studio" so the family could keep their instruments set up and play every night. Light bulb went off as to "this may be for me!" Anyway , if the interior tour goes well Wednesday I will more than likely hire an independent inspector to ensure the place is not damaged. Since a foreclosure, realtor will not provide any answers, so will need it inspected. The price is right @ $44,400 and sits on 0.75 acres . here are some pics.
ISug4rucmpovab0000000000.jpg

ISyrvetm5tr6bb0000000000.jpg

ISqlt2bg1lj9bb0000000000.jpg

ISa9pea3t43fbb0000000000.jpg

IS6yxqbt9104bb0000000000.jpg

ISe403uzd981bb0000000000.jpg

None of these pics show the "music room" built onto the back of the garage. It is 1667 sq feet and has one small room upstairs. Funky green but that can be change. The pics do not show the back porch sun room or kitchen but there is wood all other the place in this house. Back has a sun room and another room with a few steps that go up to it and they both are wall to wall and floor hard wood also. I may be very interested in this if the inspection comes back OK with nothing serious. Never bought a house before, but this may be my little shack someday. Everything I want (which is all that matters) PLUS a separate Studio Music Room that I can't wait to see next to the house. Hmm. yup , may be busy this week. I can't do this rent/drive an hour each way to work anymore. This is only 5 miles from where I work. With the down payment I have, I can get a 15 year mortgage for $200 per month on this baby. I think it may be haunted though as I'll hear a lot of creaking going on in the night with these damn wood floors. Ghosts! I'll just turn up the tunes louder. Wish me well room!
ISma2fc6ihgyab0000000000.jpg

ISifrqs9xcbcbb0000000000.jpg
Good luck. Hope it works out!

Back
Top Bottom