Hello, from Wichita

crann

Hello to everybody on the forum!

My name is Chris, and I thought I would introduce myself. I have been reading these pages for a few years, and just now coming out of lurk mode. I really appreciate all the knowledgeable people here who share their expertise and experience on the web, it is fun and helpful.

About me: I live in Wichita, Kansas. I have a lot of interests and love tinkering with things and learning. I have always had an interest in listening to music on vintage stereo equipment, and I am starting to learn how to repair and modify some of the things I have acquired. There is a big curve but I am finally getting my feet wet.

I look forward to interacting withthe forum, and maybe even meet some people in the Wichita area or nearby who have similar interests.

Cheers!

Happy to be here! I'm planning to recap (maybe -- have to test the caps to see if its worth it) some old floor speakers I have. They're all pretty muddy at this point. So I'll probabky be asking some real nooby questions about those soon.

Welcome aboard!!

On another note I'm assuming you don't know everyone on Wichita but if you ever meet a guy named Jack Straw watch out! he's an ornery cuss.

Haven't they put him away, yet? Murderous drifter!

I've been a 'head since I was wee bitty. The kind that had so many Maxell XLIIs stuffed with shows that he had to get a closet for them. So rest assured, the name of the town is not lost on me. :D I always liked how he feels like the world is so big because he has so few roots and obligations. But with each verse he is running somewhere else, away from one more place they can't be. His world is quite a bit smaller than it seems. Eventually the world catches up with him.

Pleased to meet cha!

My tapes got pretty ridiculous. A well labeled file folder is way better than having 5 or 6 cassette copies of the same show. On the other hand, there's a lot about tapes that I miss. Like getting a box in the mail from a trader in Hawaii lined with palm fronds. Or showing up at a friend's house at 4AM with my Nak under my arm and spending 16 hours running off his collection.

There is a local microbrewery near me and one of their house beers is a "Blankz & Postage" It's not bad.

Back
Top Bottom