What was the last movie you watched?

"IMPACT," a well done film noir from 1949 that starred Brian Donlevy , Ella Raines, and Charles Coburn..

When Strangers Marry (1944) a.k.a. I married a Stranger, a.k.a. Betrayed. Directed by William Castle, who is probably better remembered for his schlocky later films like Homicidal and The Tingler.

A naive young woman marries a man she barely knows, then finds out he may be a murderer.
This is an excellent little film noir from the low budget studio, Monogram Pictures.
It features an excellent performance from Robert Mitchum before he was a star, and in fact helped launch his career.
I highly recommend this to anyone interested in classic Film Noir.

http://www.criminalelement.com/the-movies-of-1944-when-strangers-marry-jake-hinkson-noir/

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Watched "Molly's Game" 2 weeks back, this weekend we have "The Zookeeper's Wife" - both with Jessica Chastain in a lead role - she is quite awesome.
Zookeeper is about a family who owned a Zoo in Warsaw, Poland, circa 1940 - and came up with a way to smuggle jews out of the ghetto to save them. Quite well done.
Two great movies and she is terrific.

The Journey

Fictionalised back story to the breakthrough Northern Ireland Peace Talks in 2004. I haven't finished this one yet but if you like this sort of thing it seems well done.

glen_journey.jpg

Flash of Genius (Netflix)
Greg Kinnear
Inventor of the intermittent windshield wiper has his design stolen by the automotive giants.
Pretty good movie.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
(MGM, 1968)

2.5 hours of delightful material and what a "story" as told by the father (Dick Van Dyke). Not as many memorable numbers as, say, Mary Poppins, but then again Mary Poppins didn't have a character so nefarious and memorable as The Childcatcher, did it?

A Wrinkle in Time - Good clean Disney movie about Good-Evil, Right-Wrong, Light-Darkness with Time Travel twisted in. Oprah, Reese, and Mindy star with Zak and a few others.

A Wrinkle in Time - Good clean Disney movie about Good-Evil, Right-Wrong, Light-Darkness with Time Travel twisted in. Oprah, Reese, and Mindy star with Zak and a few others.
I haven't watched it yet, though I plan to. Have you read the book?

The Great Race (1965) a comedy directed by Blake Edwards, starring Natalie Wood, Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon and Peter Falk. Soundtrack composed by Henri Mancini. Great fun!

103236047.jpg

Saw "Graveyard of the Fireflies" at the theater last night for part of the Ghibli Studios series that Regal cinemas are running. I had not seen it before but was forewarned that it was a very sad movie. It was, and was really well done. Unfortunately this was the dubbed version, I think I would have preferred the subbed version but that is ok. I will check that out later. One gripe is that this is the first time I have gone to the theater and the sound was way too loud. They seemed to have fixed it at points in the film, but it ruined the beginning for me. Fortunately, the movie recovered from that.

Maybe you mean 1996, Mystic ??

That's for sure. Problem is I'm so "stuck" in Seventies (and earlier, music-wise), that it's almost questionable to define this as a "typo", as I add the date of production when naming the thousands of ROIOs and other types of music folders, vast majority of which happened (live show, in-studio production, etc.) in The Seventies or earlier.

That's for sure. Problem is I'm so "stuck" in Seventies (and earlier, music-wise), that it's almost questionable to define this as a "typo", as I add the date of production when naming the thousands of ROIOs and other types of music folders, vast majority of which happened (live show, in-studio production, etc.) in The Seventies or earlier.
Are you sure it wasn't just auto-correct?

Back
Top Bottom