You Get The Last Word!

Hurts to look at this cover. :D

2753005.jpg

Cookie; sneak one in for her with a candle on it! ;) [DNU] Seriously, though, I hope she gets better soon! Sounds like she ain't giving in! ;):) [DNU]

DNU:

Thanks! :thumbsup: Mom has been through two hip replacements, breast cancer, cancer on her lower leg, now this broken leg! She's definitely a Trooper! Going to get some mini cupcakes for her. Said that she doesn't want a cake. Will be going to see her after dinner.

DNU:

DNU:

Thanks! :thumbsup: Mom has been through two hip replacements, breast cancer, cancer on her lower leg, now this broken leg! She's definitely a Trooper! Going to get some mini cupcakes for her. Said that she doesn't want a cake. Will be going to see her after dinner.

DNU:

[DNU] Wow! That's awesome, man! What a trooper indeed! :) Reminds me of my soon-to-be 95 year old grandmother. Sadly, she broke her hip when she was 86. They performed a hip replacement, but unfortunately they botched the mounting in her bones, so it shifts slightly and gives her pain to walk around too much. It's sad because at the age of 86 she was still highly active, playing golf twice a week, bowling and walking 2-3 miles daily. Unfortunately, that all came to an end when she broke her hip. :( However, after the hip replacement, she was bound to a wheelchair, then she beat the wheelchair and started using a walker. Then she beat the walker and is now using a cane!

A quick funny story: about 2-3 years ago after she had gotten to the stage of using a cane, one day my uncle walked into the apartment (he lives with her and takes care of her) and he was like, "Why is your recliner over here, and why is the sofa on the other side of the room???", and she simply replied: "Well, while you were gone, I moved them!" LOL! :confused::rflmao:

However, she has also had bouts of melanoma in the past and last year we almost lost her.

She had this infection on her leg that my uncle discovered, so he took her to the hospital and they treated her and gave her antibiotics to kill it. Eventually the infection healed, but then she got another infection on her leg. My uncle took her to the hospital again where she was kept there for about three weeks. The infection spread to her bloodstream and with the second round of antibiotics, there was hardly any beneficial flora left in her gut, which only made the issue even worse (much of your immune system comes from the gut and it is said the balance of flora is a big part of that). She couldn't talk, she couldn't eat and she had lost all strength, and they eventually had to put her into an induced coma. We thought she was on her way to the other side. But then, miraculously, she came back(!) and eventually made her way out of the hospital and into a home care facility. She was in home care for about 8 months as she got her strength (and appetite) back, and now she is back at home with my uncle! lol Thankfully, through it all, she still has all her marbles and she still sounds like grandma! :p I love her dearly. :hug: [DNU]

[DNU] Wow! That's awesome, man! What a trooper indeed! :) Reminds me of my soon-to-be 95 year old grandmother. Sadly, she broke her hip when she was 86. They performed a hip replacement, but unfortunately they botched the mounting in her bones, so it shifts slightly and gives her pain to walk around too much. It's sad because at the age of 86 she was still highly active, playing golf twice a week, bowling and walking 2-3 miles daily. Unfortunately, that all came to an end when she broke her hip. :( However, after the hip replacement, she was bound to a wheelchair, then she beat the wheelchair and started using a walker. Then she beat the walker and is now using a cane!

A quick funny story: about 2-3 years ago after she had gotten to the stage of using a cane, one day my uncle walked into the apartment (he lives with her and takes care of her) and he was like, "Why is your recliner over here, and why is the sofa on the other side of the room???", and she simply replied: "Well, while you were gone, I moved them!" LOL! :confused::rflmao:

However, she has also had bouts of melanoma in the past and last year we almost lost her.

She had this infection on her leg that my uncle discovered, so he took her to the hospital and they treated her and gave her antibiotics to kill it. Eventually the infection healed, but then she got another infection on her leg. My uncle took her to the hospital again where she was kept there for about three weeks. The infection spread to her bloodstream and with the second round of antibiotics, there was hardly any beneficial flora left in her gut, which only made the issue even worse (much of your immune system comes from the gut and it is said the balance of flora is a big part of that). She couldn't talk, she couldn't eat and she had lost all strength, and they eventually had to put her into an induced coma. We thought she was on her way to the other side. But then, miraculously, she came back(!) and eventually made her way out of the hospital and into a home care facility. She was in home care for about 8 months as she got her strength (and appetite) back, and now she is back at home with my uncle! lol Thankfully, through it all, she still has all her marbles and she still sounds like grandma! :p I love her dearly. :hug: [DNU]

DNU:

Wow! Your grandma is a real Trooper for sure! :bowdown: She's definitely an inspiration to everyone! :thumbsup: Moving furniture, now that's funny! Your grandma and my mom are cut from tough generations, that's for sure! I will tell your story to my mom this evening, she'll get a kick out of the furniture moving! :thumbsup::D

DNU:

DNU:

Wow! Your grandma is a real Trooper for sure! :bowdown: She's definitely an inspiration to everyone! :thumbsup: Moving furniture, now that's funny! Your grandma and my mom are cut from tough generations, that's for sure! I will tell your story to my mom this evening, she'll get a kick out of the furniture moving! :thumbsup::D

DNU:

[DNU] Wow, cool! I hope she enjoys it! :) But yeah, when I heard that story about my grandmother moving heavy furniture around at the age of 92 after having a broken hip and beating a wheelchair, and a walker I was like:

:eek2::eek::rflmao::bowdown:

My grandma and your mom are definitely from tough generations for sure. If I am even half as tough as my grandmother or your mom, I'll be just fine in life. ;) Cheers. :) [DNU]

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    356 bytes · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom