What camera(s) do you own?

Still shooting with my Pentax K20D and a bunch of old glass. Been toying with the idea of getting the full frame K1 and just using the K20 glass since it’s a minor hassle to keep switching back and forth from the adapter ring. Bunch of film bodies that never get used since we don’t have any local developers anymore. Also toying with the idea of developing my own B/W again and then just scanning the negatives.

In my bag right now:
Film: Zorki 1 + Fed 50mm f3.5 loaded with an expired ERA 100
Digital: Fuji X-E1 + adapter + Voigtlander Ultron 28mm f1.9 LTM

I bought a used Nikon D5100 body today for $125 with less than 1,000 accuations on it.

It'll be nice to have a lightweight body handy and the articulating screen may come in handy on occasion.

Update:
Digital
Sony NEX-6 with 4 lenses (16 mp)
Sony HX-300 (20.4 mp)
Canon ELPH 300HS (12 mp)
Canon A4000IS (16 mp)
Canon Powershot A720IS (8 mp)
Canon Powershot A30 (3 mp)
Film
Canon Photura
Pentax ME Super with 3 lenses (50mm, 35mm, 80-210 zoom.)
Nikon FM with 50mm f2.0

Last edited:
I have my trusty Nikon FE-2 and a Nikon D50
My uncle Pete has been dabbling in photography at least 50 years (I want to say he said one time 1963 or 64). He too has a Nikon, but a FM-2, as well as several large digital Nikon cameras. With the film camera he only does black and white photography (whole freezer full of Kodak and Illford films), where he processes everything himself. I have never seen him happier then he is in his darkroom. :)

My uncle Pete has been dabbling in photography at least 50 years (I want to say he said one time 1963 or 64). He too has a Nikon, but a FM-2, as well as several large digital Nikon cameras. With the film camera he only does black and white photography (whole freezer full of Kodak and Illford films), where he processes everything himself. I have never seen him happier then he is in his darkroom. :)

Good deal having a stock of film!! I always wanted to learn to develop and do it. When I was in High School in Argentina, I took photography classes offered by Agfa.

Quick update on my collection

NEX 5n with 18-55 and 16mm
Canon Powershot G1
Olympus C70 converted for infrared
Sony Mavica FD70 (takes 3.5 inch floppies)
Some legacy lenses Takumar 55 / 1.8, Helios 44-2 and a couple of Pentax zooms :)

I've picked a couple lower priced cameras lately. A Nikon D5100 (mostly for the flip screen) and a D3300 (mostly because of the crazy good deal I got on it.)

Over the last month or so, I've also picked up:

Nikon 60mm f2.8D AF
Nikon 50mm f1.8G
Nikon 300mm f4 AF-D (the early 2000s AF-D version)

I'm scouring Ebay and craigslist for someone offering more time so I'll get a chance to use these.

Photography, I think, is becoming a "lost art" with so many "selfy-artists" around. :eek::)

I think there will always be plenty of folks that actually create images vs just endless selfies over lunch.

And honestly, I don't disparage those folks. Some of them will eventually step up their game and go on to more creative endeavors.

Last edited:
I think there will always be plenty of folks that actually create images vs just endless selfies over lunch.

And honestly, I don't disparage those folks. Some of them will eventually step up their game and go on to more creative endeavors.
Perhaps you are right, it just seems that there is so much crap being photographed today because it doesn't cost anything. A little time, a little composition...

A Fuji X100S in APS-C format. Love the look and the controls but the fixed focal length is too limiting and it is too big for the pocket.

For my vacation next month, I just bought a Sony RX100V. One inch sensor but a decent zoom and fits in my pocket. Excellent image quality so far.

Nikon D850 since last October. I've taken it on 3 trips for underwater photography: La Paz, Mexico, for sea lions; Lembeh Strait in Indonesia for critters; Bonaire (Netherlands Antilles, Caribbean) for 2 weeks, mostly underwater macro.

It's a fantastic camera. I used it a lot with the Nikon 105mm macro lens on this recent trip, and I'm seeing detail and resolution I could never achieve with my D300. I know the pixel numbers say that, but it's another thing to see it with the same lens and subjects in real life use. Also the single-spot focus is fast even with the old 105mm, and it changed how I used it to get moving subjects.

I got a great deal on a Nikon D5500 kit with the 18-55mm & 70-300mm, this time last year. Added the 35mm DX and a 50mm FX 1.8 at Xmas. It's a nice little camera but I wish I had done more research at the time. I'm looking forward to seeing what Nikon and eventually Canon will bring to the FF mirrorless market.

As SLR users know, it's the lens + camera combo that really counts, so I feel like this fits. I just wanted to say that I recently had a chance to use a Nikon D850 with the 70-200 f2.8 VRII lens while shooting runners. It's really phenomenal. I wanted fast shutter speed and some subject isolation so I shot all at f2.8. Runners were coming right at me so focus and shutter had to work fast. Even with that AND using the zoom, I had a high keeper rate, and most of the rest were failure to coordinate backbutton AF with shutter (user error, just getting used to this setup). I'm expecting to get a lot of great shots this cross-country season.

Back
Top Bottom