Today's JAZZ playlist

This is gold. I'm bookmarking and watching the site. Thanks for passing this along.
I've been systematically cleaning my record collection and am now in the vocalists. Next up (probably October at the rate I'm going), is my "pre-40s" section. I need a good session or sessions to do a little "roots" music.

No worries. I figured you'd want to know.
I agree it is gold for guys that appreciate early recorded American Jazz. It took me a while to find that Page. The Germans didn't make it easy. It's like their cars (and I own a German Import so I know what I'm talking about). They are so high tech, chasing down a simple problem can be a genuine PITA. Chasing down that website was not easy either. I bookmarked it as well. I'm checking every week and hopefully, they will offer a new show every week. Let's hope German precision is accurate and punctual on posting a new show on a regular basis.

The German site does make is super easy to download the shows. Just click on the three dots and press download, and it's downloaded as .mp3. I'm going to download all I can get my hands on and start a collection. Again, hoping they continue to offer free shows.

Last edited:
One of a trio of discs I picked up this week while in Boise for work...

Kenny Dorham
Trompeta Toccata

Recorded (Van Gelder studio) 1964
Released (Blue Note LP) 1965
Remastered (Blue Note RVG Edition CD) 2006

Kenny Dorham (trumpet)
Joe Henderson (tenor saxophone)
Tommy Flanagan (piano)
Richard Davis (bass)
Albert Heath (drums)

R-2618314-1319968799.jpeg.jpg

Back