Recent latency and outages

All incoming PM's I receive also are setup to come to my email inbox so I still have them there to reference to.
Very handy in this instance.

Bob

This is a great idea, especially if you are doing Bartertown transactions etc.

...It looks like we rolled back to Thursday 16th...
From Luther in the "Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc..." thread:
Yes, we have lost a day of posts. The database was unrepairable, after working on it for 48 hours. So, the site was restored using Friday morning's back up...
From what I've been observing, it was an early Friday morning backup. Some threads have their last posts dated around that time, then they skip forward to today.

The posts are there, if you check any threads. The problem is with functions that require use of the post database index. IIRC, the index has to be rebuilt, after the backup restore. Almost eleven million posts! This is a non-trivial task.

There are still database/server issues to be resolved, but these don't prevent the site from running, at present. Once those are resolved, then an index rebuild becomes feasible.

BTW, the main search function also is not returning any results, for the same reason.

The posts are there, if you check any threads. The problem is with functions that require use of the post database index. IIRC, the index has to be rebuilt, after the backup restore. Almost eleven million posts! This is a non-trivial task.

There are still database/server issues to be resolved, but these don't prevent the site from running, at present. Once those are resolved, then an index rebuild becomes feasible.

BTW, the main search function also is not returning any results, for the same reason.

Thanks. Good to hear progress is being made. Appreciate all you do.

Thanks to the entire AK team for getting the site back up. It's sometimes easy to forget how important this community is in the world of audio until we spend a weekend without it. Well done!

Thanks Luther for all your hard work. I knew when I seen the site acting up and then off line for this long you must of had a major disruption in your life getting us running again. We do appreciate it and are indebted to you. The site seems to be moving fast now, but probably don't have a lot of members on it yet.

For Ernie and Luther so you know what I see on my end and like Mike & Ron.

It looks like we rolled back to Thursday 16th.
I have my conversations at least to that point.

I have no searchable postings and this one will look like the only one I'v ever made on the site. Clicking on my post count number or going to my profile page shows nothing.

This also means I can't scroll to the bottom of the posting list and have the links...All post made by 4-2-7 or All threads started by 4-2-7. After this post I'll see if a link come up and if my threads started by show up.

I also have no searchable Alerts.

I have no searchable Post by 4-2-7
I have no searchable Threads by 4-2-7

I hope this helps you all figure out the bugs, and I hope we get all our info back at some point.

Same. I have found two threads that I started that are not there any more.

What any respecting AK member does. Suffer thru withdrawals with whiskey and music... was still a pleasant weekend. Put a new to me table together. A Michell Focus One with a SME 3009 II Improved Fixed tonearm purchased from 4-2-7. Will post some pics in the TT forum tonight.

Good dedication and hard work, and it's always comforting when your backups give you back what you expected.

When you post 'anomalies' that you see, remember that you're doing it to help them troubleshoot, and not just to bitch and complain.

Cheers for the sysops!

Thanks for all your work. The outrage was bearable for me because I was semi-off-the-grid all weekend!

Back
Top Bottom