Replacement mid-range for Boston Acoustic VR-M90 Speakers

Jenkster

Bonzo!
Subscriber
Looking for advice on finding the 3.5" mid-range driver(s) for my Boston VR-M90 speakers. As far as I can find, they only used that particular driver in the VR-M90, naturally. I did speak to Bill at MillerSound but no luck. Aside from watching that auction site, I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Steve F. at the Classic Speaker Pages wrote this about that midrange:
http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/...ic/6949-t930-vs/&do=findComment&comment=90844
The VR-M90 was the top of the line of the series that came two families after the original VR’s. The VR-M’s included the VR-M50 and 60 bookshelf monitors, and the VR-M80 and 90 floorstanders. These were designed by Michael Chamness, who had previously done a lot of work at DBX on their Soundfield products. The VR-M90 used dual very low resonance 6 ½” woofers and it reached lower than the dual 7” woofers of the VR40—cleanly down into the upper-30’s Hz range. The 90 also used an amazingly advanced 3 ½” cone midrange with a 1 ½” voice coil, in a cast aluminum basket with heat-sinking fins, powered by a big neodymium magnet. An incredible driver that handled amazing power with vanishingly low distortion and linear response. The VR-M90 is a no-excuses, wonderful speaker.

What happened to that mid?

Thanks for the information Pete, I appreciate it. There is an audible buzzing noise at certain frequencies. I tried turning it and even swapped cabinets, still buzzes. I did check the DCR for drill, 3.4 ohms on meter.

Back
Top Bottom