Pics of your listening space

Here are pics of my basement audio room. Formerly dank, dark and dingy, following a few trips to the hardware store it is transformed into a comfortable and inviting space. First step was to call Goodbye Junk to clear out all the crap that basements invariably seem to accumulate over time. Second step involved remodeling the space incl new flooring. Finally adding music themed decorations is completing the room.

Now it’s my favorite room in the house!

View attachment 1257108 View attachment 1257109 View attachment 1257110 View attachment 1257111

Looks great! Hoping to do the same to my basement in the next year.

I always wanted a pair of these Mission 753 when I first saw them back in the 90's now some 23 years later I bought a pair. These are a wonderful example and to this day still sound and look awesome. I have these running biwired from a pair of B&W MPA1 Mono Block amps, man do they sing!

View attachment 1260973 View attachment 1260974 View attachment 1260976

I remember my first experience with those speakers in a hi-fi shop too. I stood there with a stupid look on my face, not unusual I might add, looking around the room for a sub. How did those tiny speakers have so much bass? Displacement is king.

He's probably got a 50AE Desert Eagle to take out that intruder behind the fridge at your place with one shot from his back porch too!

In my neck of the woods being armed and dangerous is the rule rather than the exception. Many gun owners have a carry permit but few do. However "breaking and entering" would not be a wise thing to do. I have seen many a basement arsenal that would make some gun store owners blush with embarrassment at their small selection of offerings.

A very simple and sweet vintage bedroom system consisting of an old Pioneer VSX-4400 that one of my brothers bought new back in I think 1988, an old Sony CDP-397 that my father bought new, a dbx 224x and Azden GX-50 (both just for a fun light show), a Luxman PD-277, a pair of Elac B6, and a pair of my old DIY towers with a pair of 8" Vifa woofers and MarkAudio 6" Alpair M10.2 fullrange drivers with a simple series crossover. We switch back and forth between the Elacs and DIY towers. Both sound excellent, though the towers edge out the Elacs in most ways. I designed and built those original enclosures back in 1996!

Also for a source is a Google Chromecast streaming Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, etc, etc...

p3047650620-5.jpg

Even the kitties like the system!
p3047650993-5.jpg

New house, new listening room. It's a challenging room. High ceilings, and large. The KEFs do a wonderful job, but a few tweaks and they will be made even better.

VPI HW-19 MkI, Souther Linear Tracking Arm, Orotfon 2M Bronze
Pioneer A-717 integrated amplifier
Pioneer PDR-609 CD Player/Recorder/DAC
AppleTV (Optical Out for streaming)
KEF 104/2

Sorry for the dark pic! Need curtains!

close up of the VPI

42712886890_d2893d89fd_b.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom