Marantz 2226b

Fernmore

I have a marantz 2226b and the left channel is low and distorted, I opened it up used some deoxit. Which cleaned up some crackling noise with the knobs. I'm not good when it comes to soldering and all that. I did notice a transistor running hot. It was q746 part number ht318853b0 transistor model 2sc1885 and that transistor is on the main amp and power supply board. I did switch that transistor out with the closest replacement to it, and it still runs hot. Which means something else might be causing it to get hot. I only looked and the service manual to figure some stuff out I don't know much about all the inners of the marantz. Any help would be appreciated.

Moving this to the Marantz forum. Does not appear to be a problem with the radio section, so doesn't belong in the tuner forum.

Some transistors do run hot, could be normal, depends how hot.
Find the equivalent for the other channel and see if it runs also hot.

Q746 is part of the regulated supply. Work through the power supply adjustment, chapter 7 in the SM, setting to 35Vdc.
You should check bias and dc offset at a later time. Vaguely recall this as a problem area, maybe zener Q748 or
transistors Q746,7. First step, check/adjust for 35Vdc

Back
Top Bottom