What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Heard about that. Delaware gets our dance with Flo tomorrow.

You stay safe too, for Pete's sake. This has been a bad year all around for wet, humid air. Have not been able to keep The Cave dry this year, even with the dehumidifier sucking 24 hours a day. I don't remember the last time it's been this bad. And the rain... for crying out loud... STOP ALREADY!!!

002.jpg

You stay safe too, for Pete's sake. This has been a bad year all around for wet, humid air. Have not been able to keep The Cave dry this year, even with the dehumidifier sucking 24 hours a day. I don't remember the last time it's been this bad. And the rain... for crying out loud... STOP ALREADY!!!
We're just expecting T-Storms with a slight chance for something worse. Should be ok.

As for Frank, I hope all is well safe and dry. I'll bet he's also sold his share of everything at Lowes leading up to this catastrophe. I'm curious to see if he will experience shortages as supply demands skyrocket over the next few weeks and months.
I can relate to the humidity as it woke up the water based glue in my JBL SRX 2x15 horn diaphragms and seized the coils in the gaps, so off to Scavenger Sound for 300 bucks worth of JBL parts. The owner told me this has been prevalent with guys doing outdoor work this summer and packing gear quickly in very humid and even wet trucks due to rain outs and the obligatory panicked stricken pack ups..

As for Frank, I hope all is well safe and dry. I'll bet he's also sold his share of everything at Lowes leading up to this catastrophe. I'm curious to see if he will experience shortages as supply demands skyrocket over the next few weeks and months.
I can relate to the humidity as it woke up the water based glue in my JBL SRX 2x15 horn diaphragms and seized the coils in the gaps, so off to Scavenger Sound for 300 bucks worth of JBL parts. The owner told me this has been prevalent with guys doing outdoor work this summer and packing gear quickly in very humid and even wet trucks due to rain outs and the obligatory panicked stricken pack ups..

Hah! Few years back got caught in a flash storm at a gazebo gig where the promoter "virtually guaranteed" that it would not rain. A week of two dehumidifiers running, with fans, heat, and bags of rice seemed to do the trick, but I was pissed. The entire PA and cables were slammed with horizontal rain and sitting in an inch of water. All the tarps you have are useless at that point, if you cannot cover everything the moment you feel drop-one...

GJ

Sorry to hear that. I've been wearing three shirts just about everyday because of the humidity. I'm wet right now. Can't escape it. I take to powering up the gear just to heat it up and dry it out, hoping I don't see flashes and sparks.

Hey Frank, hope all is good. I've shamefully never heard that album in its entirety. Clearly I have dropped the ball and will search my regular haunts for a clean vinyl copy.
On another subject do you ( or of course any one else) have any clues to why my last two Samsung Galaxy J7 cell phones will not sign in to AK no matter how many times I try? Only asking you because of your prior phone and cable posts you have made.

Where's the Technics? Hope it's okay.

MIC
The Technics is fine. I have it boxed up in the walk-in closet here in the library. The closet is what amounts to our basement.
I just wanted to give it a rest and conversely give the Sony some exercise. The Sony STR-AV900 is a very nice unit in my opinion. Always had a soft spot for it's built in EQ and dancing blue lights.
005.jpg

The plan is to bring the Technics back out on Christmas Day. I do miss it a lot.
007_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom