What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The Technics is fine. I have it boxed up in the walk-in closet here in the library. The closet is what amounts to our basement I just wanted to give it a rest and conversely give the Sony some exercise. The Sony STR-AV900 is a very nice unit in my opinion. Always had a soft spot fir it's built in EQ and dancing blue lights.
005.jpg

The plan is to bring the Technics back out on Christmas Day. I do miss it a lot.
007_2.jpg

What a great idea. Man, Santa Claus is smart. Wisdom beyond his years.

MIC

Hey Frank, hope all is good. I've shamefully never heard that album in its entirety. Clearly I have dropped the ball and will search my regular haunts for a clean vinyl copy.
On another subject do you ( or of course any one else) have any clues to why my last two Samsung Galaxy J7 cell phones will not sign in to AK no matter how many times I try? Only asking you because of your prior phone and cable posts you have made.
We have J7's and I have not run into that problem at all. That is strange. Have you asked your provider about it?

Hey Frank, hope all is good. I've shamefully never heard that album in its entirety. Clearly I have dropped the ball and will search my regular haunts for a clean vinyl copy.
On another subject do you ( or of course any one else) have any clues to why my last two Samsung Galaxy J7 cell phones will not sign in to AK no matter how many times I try? Only asking you because of your prior phone and cable posts you have made.
It's a great album Jason. I started my musical appreciation with Elton John way back in junior high and got away from him when he started going to pop. Bought it here recently as part of my attempt to add some maturity to my collection rather than just banging my head to metal or progging out all the time.

I can't imagine what's causing the problem with your Samsung's. I've got two old Samsung's and an old LG and have no problem signing in with any of them. Might want to try cleaning up the files on them with a cleaning app like 360 Security. When my phones are running bad I clean it up with that app and everything works good again.

Last edited:
As for Frank, I hope all is well safe and dry. I'll bet he's also sold his share of everything at Lowes leading up to this catastrophe. I'm curious to see if he will experience shortages as supply demands skyrocket over the next few weeks and months.
I can relate to the humidity as it woke up the water based glue in my JBL SRX 2x15 horn diaphragms and seized the coils in the gaps, so off to Scavenger Sound for 300 bucks worth of JBL parts. The owner told me this has been prevalent with guys doing outdoor work this summer and packing gear quickly in very humid and even wet trucks due to rain outs and the obligatory panicked stricken pack ups..
We never had a run on the plywood or anything.as Florence turned away soon enough that nobody got into a panic around here. There was a fair amount of play sand purchased for sand bagging, and a fair amount returned after the fact.
The prices will be interesting to follow as repairs get started down south.

Hey! That's a Lee Oskar! What gives?

Dude looks scary though.

Arnett and Red are winding it down. It looks like I'll have to postpone Miles' "Birth of the Cool" for another night. Time to get settled in.

Enjoy the evening all. No work Wednesday, so I might have some more leeway tomorrow night.

Good Night All. More tomorrow.

GJ

Hey! That's a Lee Oskar! What gives?

Dude looks scary though.

Arnett and Red are winding it down. It looks like I'll have to postpone Miles' "Birth of the Cool" for another night. Time to get settled in.

Enjoy the evening all. No work Wednesday, so I might have some more leeway tomorrow night.

Good Night All. More tomorrow.

GJ
Goodnight GJ :boring:

Hah! Few years back got caught in a flash storm at a gazebo gig where the promoter "virtually guaranteed" that it would not rain. A week of two dehumidifiers running, with fans, heat, and bags of rice seemed to do the trick, but I was pissed. The entire PA and cables were slammed with horizontal rain and sitting in an inch of water. All the tarps you have are useless at that point, if you cannot cover everything the moment you feel drop-one...

GJ

Hey GJ cool story, and sorry you had to live it. Good to hear from you.
In rain I panic load board and cabs and mics first, racks next, and wires when I get to them. I've found the wires usually dry good as new after opening the connectors and leaving them on the basement floor with the industrial fan and dehumidifier on full tilt. The only problem is sometimes it's 50 wires.
Finding out today about the water based glue usedin all major manufacturers high end diaphragms has now changed my level of "No means No" for the clueless intrepid promoters and event organizers that have dreams of continuing in bad weather for the empty seats and soaked venue. And as for tarps I've gotten to using them only for protection while I'm loading other things first, since they only provide a moisture free situation for a matter of minutes.

It's a great album Jason. I started my musical appreciation with Elton John way back in junior high and got away from him when he started going to pop. Bought it here recently as part of my attempt to add some maturity to my collection rather than just banging my head to metal or progging out all the time.

I can't imagine what's causing the problem with your Samsung's. I've got two old Samsung's and an old LG and have no problem signing in with any of them. Might want to try cleaning up the files on them with a cleaning app like 360 Security. When my phones are running bad I clean it up with that app and everything works good again.
Thanks buddy, will do on the app, my older phones had no issue and it's a drag because I'd love to check in way more often but the phone problem is a pain.

J7? Is that the Note or something? Never heard of em. I have an S7 and never had an issue.

What a great idea. Man, Santa Claus is smart. Wisdom beyond his years.

MIC
Blitz and I came up with the idea separately. I had considered it as a good time to bring it back out, and then Blitz said I oughta bring it back out for Christmas...that confirmed my thoughts.
He had also mentioned to someone that turning an amp on and off repeated throughout the day isn't a good idea. It got me thinking that I should dog out the Sony for a while.

Back
Top Bottom