Need help with room acoustics

Celestial

Hello Guys,
Several months ago since i've moved to new apartment i'm constantly experience issues with my room acoustics. More precisely, the problem is that i can hear the bass from my speakers only from one point in my room. Please relate to the attached picture.
CPf4iZ.png

uxb7NJ.jpg

Is there any way to improve this?
Room dimensions: 6.73m long, 5.38m width, 2.72m height
My current gear is:
Source: Marantz NA8005
Amp: Marantz PM7003
Speakers: Infinity primus 250

Last edited:
Best bet I can think of is to angle the speakers in towards your listening position and try to keep them as unobstructed as possible they should be like two corners of a triangle. The right speaker as it's currently positioned is firing straight into the short corner which is probably why the bass is more notable there and why things don't sound as good in your normal position. You're in a somewhat odd space especially with the long stand between the speakers so it might be hard to get the most ideal placement.

Bass response is nulled at the center of most rooms. Your diagram suggests the listening couch is nearly dead center. The "rich and deep" area is getting corner reinforcement.

Ideally, your listening position would be at room length thirds.

Thanks for your replays guys.
So, i should think of rearranging the room rather than investing in some kind of bass traps or any other absorbents. I thought i can solve the problem by placing those acoustic materials to the right place but i guess that is not an option. However thanks for you effort.

Thanks for your replays guys.
So, i should think of rearranging the room rather than investing in some kind of bass traps or any other absorbents. I thought i can solve the problem by placing those acoustic materials to the right place but i guess that is not an option. However thanks for you effort.

Yeah I'd definitely think playing with arrangements before really dropping money on anything else makes the most sense.

So, i should think of rearranging the room rather than investing in some kind of bass traps or any other absorbents.
I have a small forest of bass traps in my room, but they cannot *fix* room nulls.

Try moving listening couch closer to system.

Back
Top Bottom