Dual Renovation

dracoss

Not sure if I posted this before.
I got a basket case and did I'll say that again: basket case.....Dual 505-2 on ebay.
It was totally wrecked when I got it...nothing like the picture and the guy knew nothing about packing....
Oh........ but I figured it was an opportunity. So I totally disassembled and got to work ordering parts from Dualfred and other vendors.
I had always admired my friends duals back in the 70's. Now I had parts of one.
Well after a lot of time and effort I was amazed at the end result...
I was visiting a friend at his shop. He was painting a harley a nice red color. I asked and he obliged, said he had paint left over.
Installed Blue Jeans Cable LC-1
I put a Denon DL-110 in it, wow this thing sounded great!

Ok maybe not the sound of the Sondek Lp-12 but damn!

Attachments

• dual.jpg
    dual.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 60
I have to say it looks great. I love the dust cover.. where did you find it? I have a 502 that I have had since new and even though it was low on the dual food chain it’s still far and away better than most offerings available today. I have several TT that are in daily use and my favorites are dual 1229 and 1219
So if you like your 505 keep an eye out for the 2 mentioned above also the 1019 I do however appreciate the 12 series models due to platter size. If you find one that says none working platter won’t turn those are the ones to pick up as they truly are engineered and as any thing that is Service must be done.. if not they simply stop until Service is DONE..
Pretty simple and usually can be obtained for a pittance.
Cheers, Nemo

I have to say it looks great. I love the dust cover.. where did you find it? I have a 502 that I have had since new and even though it was low on the dual food chain it’s still far and away better than most offerings available today. I have several TT that are in daily use and my favorites are dual 1229 and 1219
So if you like your 505 keep an eye out for the 2 mentioned above also the 1019 I do however appreciate the 12 series models due to platter size. If you find one that says none working platter won’t turn those are the ones to pick up as they truly are engineered and as any thing that is Service must be done.. if not they simply stop until Service is DONE..
Pretty simple and usually can be obtained for a pittance.
Cheers, Nemo
Nemo, Not sure if the guy is on ebay but he had dust covers for many different models. I think he makes them. I just looked and not seeing his listings. But Might have to do a deep dive on that. Good to meet another dual fan! I will be looking for the models you mentioned for sure. Thanks so much.

Mis under stood I need to read first and respond after. This day has been all questions so being a human therefore fallible.. I assumed I was still being asked and not informed . Thanks for the response and keep spinning!

Back
Top Bottom