Today's JAZZ playlist

QbSE0I2.jpg

Aloha!

I'm 90 percent certain I listened to this concert LIVE via FM Tap on my cable system in 1987. That was before streaming (obviously), when Cable TV systems still did FM Taps where they pumped in about 30 FM Stations via microwave links from all over the country into your FM dial. I can't remember if KJAZ, or WBGO or KCSM broadcast this live via satellite, but SOME Jazz station did. I'm also pretty sure I recorded it on Cassette. I just have to find it.

Anyway, it was a kick finding it on Youtube. Brought back a lot of memories;

Chet Baker - Live in Tokyo 1987

Last edited:
Aloha!

I'm 90 percent certain I listened to this concert LIVE via FM Tap on my cable system in 1987. That was before streaming (obviously), when Cable TV systems still did FM Taps where they pumped in about 30 FM Stations via microwave links from all over the country into your FM dial. I can't remember if KJAZ, or WBGO or KCSM broadcast this live via satellite, but SOME Jazz station did. I'm also pretty sure I recorded it on Cassette. I just have to find it.

Anyway, it was a kick finding it on Youtube. Brought back a lot of memories;

Chet Baker - Live in Tokyo 1987

FOUND IT! And, I was wrong, I didn't record it on Cassette, I recorded it on Reel to Reel. And it was KJAZ. The ORIGINAL KJAZ San Francisco that changed format, changed CALL LETTERS (now KREV) and shut down Jazz in 1991. The current KJAZ is not the same station at all, and is not out of California. Texas is the home of the NEW KJAZ if I'm not mistaken. The ORIGINAL KJAZ San Francisco was a superior 24/7 Jazz station and they did a lot of simulcasts, live satellite broadcasts, et al.

Anyway, mystery solved. I have not listened to my Reel tapes in a very long time. I need to put this on this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom