What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Never seen anyone so excited about mattress shopping with the wife, before, but whatever floats your boat.

Yea I agree... we recently purchased a new bed..

Though I do have to say my gal was doing some research on firmness of mattresses and found a few videos on YouTube talking about how mattress companies have crazy mark up and usually are negotiable, but don't tell customers.

They offer deals to make you think your saving.... ask them to take another 50% off.. you would think they would laugh... nope "let me go ask"...??!!

We talked down an $800 beauty rest to $299. I seriously could not believee it. I was standing there like did he just say yea we can do that!! We also got an electronic frame that lifts the bottom or top of the bed... (we don't use that) lol but as part of the $299 deal. Free delivery and set up. We went to mattress firm.

Went to a few others too and were able to talk most of them done 60-80% of asking price.

Was pretty happy about that deal lol

Yea I agree... we recently purchased a new bed..

Though I do have to say my gal was doing some research on firmness of mattresses and found a few videos on YouTube talking about how mattress companies have crazy mark up and usually are negotiable, but don't tell customers.

They offer deals to make you think your saving.... ask them to take another 50% off.. you would think they would laugh... nope "let me go ask"...??!!

We talked down an $800 beauty rest to $299. I seriously could not believee it. I was standing there like did he just say yea we can do that!! We also got an electronic frame that lifts the bottom or top of the bed... (we don't use that) lol but as part of the $299 deal. Free delivery and set up. We went to mattress firm.

Went to a few others too and were able to talk most of them done 60-80% of asking price.

Was pretty happy about that deal lol

$299? Let me sleep on it.

IMG_20180920_174320.jpg

This list of top 20 music documentaries came out today from the Guardian UK.
What do y'all think?
I can think of a few glaring omissions....
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/sep/20/20-best-music-documentaries-ranked-rock-pop

Yeah...I have to say I disagree. I mean who the heck is Blur ?? I've heard of them but did they have enough impact to rate in the top 20. I can think of 2 documentaries that had more impact: one is "Lightning In A Bottle" which follows the development of the blues from the influence of African music and old spirituals from the time of slavery. Another is "Make It Funky" that details the beginnings of New Orleans music...including the multi-cultural influences, and how it impacted modern rock and roll. I think people like Danny Barker, Professor Longhair, Fats Domino, Louis Armstrong and Dr. John are much more important figures in modern music...at least in my eyes anyway.

Yeah...I have to say I disagree. I mean who the heck is Blur ?? I've heard of them but did they have enough impact to rate in the top 20. I can think of 2 documentaries that had more impact: one is "Lightning In A Bottle" which follows the development of the blues from the influence of African music and old spirituals from the time of slavery. Another is "Make It Funky" that details the beginnings of New Orleans music...including the multi-cultural influences, and how it impacted modern rock and roll. I think people like Danny Barker, Professor Longhair, Fats Domino, Louis Armstrong and Dr. John are much more important figures in modern music...at least in my eyes anyway.
Well, the Guardian is Manchester, and I think that Blur is an act that came out of there. So, I think it's Madchester chauvinism.

Back
Top Bottom