Show Off Your Small Listening Space

View attachment 663495

My listening space. Loft had to be reinforced/strengthened to hold all the vinyl. Another big wall behind me. In total about 10,000 records up here. Also got my office space up here. Is a great space indeed :)
Just out of curiosity: Do you have a picture of the place where you keep the rest of your record collection?

Thanks in advance.

Best

Soundork

System is a PrimaLuna Prologue 2 Integrated Amp, B&W 603 Series 3 Loudspeakers, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD Player, Music Hall MMF 2.1 Turntable w/ a Shure M97xE Cartridge, Kenwood KT-7001 Tuner, and a Parasound PHP-850 Pre-Amp utilizing its phono input.

yzXuKPe.jpg

Last edited:
System is a PrimaLuna Prologue 2 Integrated Amp, B&W 603 Series 3 Loudspeakers, Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD Player, Music Hall MMF 2.1 Turntable w/ a Shure M97xE Cartridge, Kenwood KT-7001 Tuner, and a Parasound PHP-850 Pre-Amp utilizing its phono input.

I almost got one of those Prima Lunas. Looks great and gets great reviews. How does it do in that tight space? Does it run hot or is the open back sufficient for ventilation? I love the simplicity of that system.

And is that art also room treatment or just art? Very nice visual.

It gets hot like any other tube amp, but there's plenty of room above, and yes, the back is open. I've had this amp since 2005. It's been 100% reliable. I've been using Mullard EL34's in it. I find they sound better than KT-88's. The 12AX7's and 12AU7's are Mullards as well

It gets hot like any other tube amp, but there's plenty of room above, and yes, the back is open. I've had this amp since 2005. It's been 100% reliable. I've been using Mullard EL34's in it. I find they sound better than KT-88's. The 12AX7's and 12AU7's are Mullards as well
Thanks for the info. I'll be looking for a new pair of tubes pretty soon. It's my first tube amp so I'm excited to see what happens!

saggy, I've had tube amps since the mid-1960's when my father bought me a used 1950's Bogen DB130 30 watt mono amp and a pair of University 8" coax drivers mounted in cabinets he made. The turntable was a Garrard. Can't remember the model. I was probably 14 at the time. My next amps were a DynaKit ST70 power amp and a PAS3X Preamp. That was around 1969. My dad helped me build them. I've been through several since then. All that being said, I've been into tube stereo equipment most of my life.

I see you're from Brooklyn. I was born there at Brooklyn Jewish Hospital in 1952. Lived on Long Island ever since.

Last edited:
cool - i live right on the other side of the park in Windsor Terrace.

So I see your gear is in the corner - can you take a pic of your listening seat? I'm eager to see how you've set it up. I don't know why but that system just looks like it really sings to me!

The room is 10' x 10' so I had to set it up where I'm sitting farthest from the speakers. I may end up setting the system in my bedroom (20' x 15') in the future. I'm sure it would sound much better there.
cgiAlFz.jpg
Smart move setting up on the diagonal. I did that when I was in my last room (10x10). Helps decrease bass nodes and places you further from the speakers.

Back
Top Bottom