Are Audiophiles Stoners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, chronic use of pot does cause neurosis....

And I also find it funny that cigarettes cause cancer, while smoking pot does not......................

Truthfully we are not all the same and therefore our experiences are unique. How anyone reacts to anything is based upon personal aptitude. Just like how we choose not to listen to someone when we already think we know what they are saying. Because irregardless, a subjective person is a victim of oneself and can never stray from a personal agenda... Not all cannabis strains are the same but a subjective person won’t be able to notice because they can’t get over themselves... Just like cables or modding equipment, a subjective person has to cater to their own presumptions.. Vaping an African strain might be the best thing in the world as far as a persons health goes but most people know nothing about their own health as they are just doing what they have always done....as others have always done. Who can look at cannabis as something that heals instead of something that just gets people high and that’s it.

It’s that......I’m not quite sure, but I just know it has to be true that fogs people’s judgement.

I hope they make it legal in Kansas within 20 years. Got some farm land.

My retirement will be sitting around with night vision, and my 20 gauge.

Hell, I was going to do that anyway.
20 years is way to long. Oklahoma legalized it for medical use earlier this summer. Not sure of all the laws, but a friend was working to get a license. Recreational use in Canada is starting in the next couple of weeks. It's big.

Quote Wayner, then

...and it's a gateway drug.

I suppose I would feel guilty if I was hemp farmer.

By then, there will be 10 billion people on the earth....and only about 12 will give shit about me.

I'd be jammin' to Metallica...Kill'em all and let God sort it out.

20 years is way to long. Oklahoma legalized it for medical use earlier this summer. Not sure of all the laws, but a friend was working to get a license. Recreational use in Canada is starting in the next couple of weeks. It's big.
(deleted) politics

And I can tell you that each individual municipality is doing its best to screw it all up.
Dust ain't near settled on this one yet.

a healthy reefer habit tends to be at odds with both neurotic fiddling and excess disposible income.
IIRC "Paranoia" was one of the unpleasant side effects. Think of the buzzkill when - out of nowhere - paranoia about your cables and interconnects kicks in and you start "hearing" things and get out of your comfortable chair and begin swapping cables for an hour.

Still partake because old habits die hard (and I still enjoy it.) :D

But heck, it's legal in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
I think he just has ADD, his train of thought just moves all over the place. It works out well for those that can end up around others that will take the great ideas that come out and help guide them and ignore the others.

Have you seen the one that is up 900% this year? I could have retired....
That's the one I've been telling you guys about for the past month!!

It went crazy, maxed out this past Wednesday and crashed back to earth. Still up 500+% since July of this month when it went public.

Just like working on anything, if you tell yourself it’s too hard or your thinking about doing something else, the outcome of what you do will be less than desirable. Like a new cartridge that cost quite a bit that just has to sound the best there ever was....

Coca Cola, Bud, Molson, a bunch of other high profile companies are getting into the act. It's not all about getting high. The medical applications are huge and you don't have to smoke it.

I don't drugs or even take any kind of medication. I was just trying to pass on a good tip. Just sayin'.

MW-GQ485_mellow_20180921100044_MG.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that this is the more approriate "angle" for investigating this general topic.

Concering audiophiles, perhaps a fitting question might be this: Are they capable of relaxing and enjoying music rather than hyperfocusing on every "sound element" emanating from their, um, "system" components?
Why not both, and more?

Well, if you ask me ...

WoW ... I didn't know fingers could do that!

Er ... what was the question?

When stereo shops were popping up like mushrooms in the 1970's (speaking of psychoactive substances) it was not unusual for some to have a private "listening lounge".

Once the customer was "vetted" they could expect to be invited to hear some "really cool gear" in seclusion. A pipe of hash or a joint was offered before the demo began.

Once sufficiently schmoozed, a sale was usually made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom