I Did A Bad Thing Tonite...

savatage1973

Addicted Member
I had one of my employees over tonight, and filled him full of good bourbon and a couple cigars. Then we retired to my dedicated audio room and were running the Kappa 9's pretty hard with some albums on my LP12. Then I really laid into the Krells (4 KMA 160 monoblocks) and he was just blown away. He didn't know you could do that--then he asked about what I had invested in it and was just terrorized. So he is either headed for an audio dealer or divorce court--I don't know which.

Huh I figured after imbibing the said bourbon you were going to tell us you blew chunks. :confused: That would have been bad.

Introduce him to sites like USAudiomart...or your spare gear in the garage.

Cheers
Mister Pig

.or your spare gear in the garage.

That's where we're going to start. He has a wife and two little kids and is pretty young--and as his employer, I know what he makes, so I realize what budget constraints are. He is a valued asset to my business, so he is paid well, but kids (which I don't have any) are a big expense--now and even more in the future. Myself and other employees have already renovated his "starter home"--at least his family owns a home (well, still paying on it), but they have a home. I'll hook him up with something decent.

It can be done on a smaller scale, pre-owned, for less than a Grand, much less.
Synergy, rather than specs, and less is more.

Introduce him to sites like USAudiomart

Cheers
Mister Pig[/QUOTE]

Oh no. I had no idea ! I know where I'll be for a few hours. Where else?

I'm going to probably spend most of the day going through my "stash" of "just in case" gear--hey, you have to have back-ups of everything, don't you? I'll put something together that will work for him, and the price will be right (if free counts)--the stuff is just sitting here unused anyways and being a young single-income family with two little kids and their first home I know money is tight. I really respect that he and his wife have decided for her to be a stay-at-home mom, despite the limitations of income, but they are doing OK with that, and as his employer, I make sure he stays busy enough (I own a construction company). Even when times are slow, I make sure he brings home enough money, even if I have to front him a few bucks and just take it out his OT on the next big project. They have a nice little "starter home" that myself and other employees helped them out with--it may not be exactly what they wanted or envisioned it to be, but when you are getting free labor and "leftover" or "salvaged" materials from other projects, you can't be too picky--and again--the price was right, and the house is now worth probably 5X what they paid for it. He and my other employees and subcontractors work hard for me and each other--it does "take a village", and we stick together and take care of "our own".

God--just re-reading that last sentence makes me feel old, because most of the world doesn't work that way anymore, but at least I can sleep at night.

OK--so how is this for a "starter system"--Carver TX-12 tuner, C-11 preamp, TFM-45 amp, SD/A 490t CDP, TD-1700 cassette deck and Dual CS5000 TT with an A/T 120e on it--oh yeah, and a pair of JBL 4312C's. That should do it for a first "fix".

His wife is probably going to kill us both after she makes dinner for us later.

OK--so how is this for a "starter system"--Carver TX-12 tuner, C-11 preamp, TFM-45 amp, SD/A 490t CDP, TD-1700 cassette deck and Dual CS5000 TT with an A/T 120e on it--oh yeah, and a pair of JBL 4312C's. That should do it for a first "fix".

That is one hell of a "starter" system .

You're a good man Charlie Brown .

You're a good man Charlie Brown .

That is too funny, since my real name is Charlie Brenner. And yes, I said I'd hook him up good--this stuff is just worthless sitting here not being used--and it is "worthy" of being used.

EDIT--PSSST--he will be on here soon and don't tell him what that stuff is worth--I am sure he will look it up eventually, but as I posted, I value him and his family, and you can't put a pricetag on that.

Last edited:

Just be careful that your other employees dont get jealous..

How you feeling these days ?

Thank you for asking, but the answer is not that good--especially with the weather changing and my refusal to go under the knife or eat all of the pain pills (opioids) that they keep prescribing me. As long as I can keep the business running and walk the dog, that's all I need to do. I was planning on retiring, but I have responsibilities to others and get really bored, really rapidly--it's just the next phase of life.

Thank you for asking, but the answer is not that good--especially with the weather changing and my refusal to go under the knife or eat all of the pain pills (opioids) that they keep prescribing me. As long as I can keep the business running and walk the dog, that's all I need to do. I was planning on retiring, but I have responsibilities to others and get really bored, really rapidly--it's just the next phase of life.
Don't let the pain get ahead of you . Every once in a while , you need a little help . I know one thing , pain can wear you out . I hope you will feel better .

Back
Top Bottom