Are Audiophiles Stoners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Wayner, then

...and it's a gateway drug.

I suppose I would feel guilty if I was hemp farmer.

By then, there will be 10 billion people on the earth....and only about 12 will give shit about me.

I'd be jammin' to Metallica...Kill'em all and let God sort it out.
Sorry for my jaded / caustic humor.

I'll come back around.

My hemp farmer dream is just that...a pipe dream.

Why not both, and more?

Some, but not all, of us can do that. I've seen cases where doing it both ways it impossible. I can do both, as can you, I'd imagine. But many cannot or will not. That's just how it is for some folk.

I’d imagine it could make the theater experience better , just don’t get too paranoid :angel: maybe avoid horrer films.
Make USA of America like Canada :beerchug:

I for one am looking forward to the rollout of retail pot stores in Massachusetts. It seems that the only strains you could/can get have super strong THC concentrations. It's almost like the IPA beer trend, more hops/THC=better. I'm not interested in getting comatose/socially anxious/paranoid anymore when I smoke. It'll be nice to have some variety to choose from. Something with a better balance of CBD to THC is what I'm after.

Never been a "stoner", but I did partake--hell, I was living in a fraternity house in the late 70's and early 80's, and there was every substance known to man readily available. Pot just never "did it" for me--if I smoked pot every day (and trust me--I know lots of folks that do), I'd weigh 300lbs and never leave the sofa other than to answer the door for the pizza guy--just makes me listless and hungry--cocaine on the other hand--that's a different story, but that was the 80's--the days of Reagan and "pseudo prosperity" recovering from the Carter years.

Now I am just old and crotchety, and due to years of abuse (of my body) and a serious car accident, I have enough opiates on hand to kill a small village--and they just sit here--I only take them when I can't take it anymore--I just refuse to go down that road. I'll drink a bottle of bourbon first--and I know that's no better, but it's not heroin.

I remember back in the 70s I would get all smoked up and crank my dads stereo up. About the time the bong rips kicked in real good and the music was sounding really sweet I would swear I heard the phone ringing. I'd jump up and de-crank the stereo only to find out it wasn't ringing, I was just stoned and paranoid about the phone ringing for some damn reason. I can't really say the weed made my listening experience any more enjoyable back then. Maybe after I retire I'll revisit my youth and see if that damn phone rings while I have the stereo cranked.:beatnik:

I confess. I call myself an audiophile. I'm certain I'm a stoner.

When I was undergoing radiation and chemotherapy I asked my doctor for a Marijuana prescription. she laughed at me. I went to my usual source. Ganja/weed/muggles has never made me paranoid. Nor have I ever experienced any of the negative effects some experience.

OTOH: Two buddies and I went to the Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam many years ago.

Used to do a lot of listening on weed, that ended 35 years ago but
I do kinda miss having it slowing my mind down to settle into the music.

@Pio1980 I am wondering what would cause a complete cessation?? It's not my business, but I tend to find it a hell of a reward after a long day. Your results may vary.

And Steve, you seem pretty chill, regardless.

Hey there, Thank you!
Excessive involvement with mind altering substances became a threat to my livelihood career, and the most effect way to deal with it was total cessation.
I had my fun and survived the pitfalls, it's for others to explore the joys and risks in my stead.

Yeah, you could call me a stoner :beatnik:

I partake quite often. I've been using it off and on since 1964. Besides the fact that I really enjoy the high It's the best painkiller that I'm aware of. The orthopedist prescribed Oxycodone as a painkiller for the cyst on my L5 vertebrae both before and after removal surgery. So did my urologist before and after the procedure performed on my left kidney due to a 12mm stone.

Opioids will **** you up, that's for certain. I dumped that shit after one day on both occasions and substituted pot. Killed the pain just as well, but with no addiction, etc. Big Pharma has been doing its level best to squash the use of pot as a painkiller with the help of the AMA. Those foxy lil' 27 yr. old drug company sales reps in their short tight skirts and the fancy dinners, gifts, etc. tend to make some MD's say anything.

Fortunately for me both medicinal and recreational pot are legal where I live and I grow my own so there's very little hassle or expense, not like the shit they make you go through to fill an oxy prescription.

Just like any other drug, whether it's alcohol or LSD, some people can't handle it and should recognize the fact. But please refrain from applying your judgmental phobias or problems to others. We are all not alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom