What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Aye, there's a whole lot of "stuff" in there, and with ventilation too.
I fiddle with something in back at least every other day.

Sima 4 way source switcher (with remote)
DBX 120 subharmonic synthesizer
Niles 2 source/4 output speaker selector
Panasonic 5 disc dvd/cd player. sounds surprisingly good and plays virtually any format. I like that.
Sony Playstation 1, 1st model, because they DO have a nice sound, as good as the Luxman I believe.
Direct-tv dish tuner, the last model they made before it all went HDMI and w/o stereo outputs
Yamaha C-50 preamp, just for the tables
HK PT2300 preamp, for everything else
Yamaha GE-60 EQ. Dancing blue lights entertain me to no end.
Pioneer PDR-609 cd recorder
Luxman cd player
Sansui stereo timer
Denon AVR-3300, for surround sound at times
Kenwood Basic M1 amp,
Luxman R-115 receiver, for extra amp duties when the craving for a Luxman sound hits
Realistic EQ just because its only 2 inches thick
Sylvania VHS to DVD player/recorder.dub unit
Panamax line conditioner
Scott 200b tube amp, mostly for running low impedence cans and Dynacos
Little Dot DAC
Little Dot tube headphone amp, doubles for tube duty in a tape loop with source, Currently Mullards. I enjoy tube rolling.
Dual TT, Technics TT
Samsung 27" tv

Plumbed into an glass-door oak cabinet I bought for $20 at the thrift and restored..and at 20" wide, fits the Luxman R-1120 that used to be there.
It's the last entertainment center I'll ever need I figure.
Seems reasonable.

Sorry but I was in the hospital ICU for three days. I had a brush with the grim reaper.
I was super tired Sunday evening and took the amount of insulin for the meal I was about to eat but I laid down for "just a minute" and fell into a hard sleep. Next morning my blood sugar levels dropped into the coma level. Fortunately I had requested some maintenance work in my apartment and the maintenance guy found me unresponsive and called 911. If he hadn't found me in time I'd be dead for sure. I owe the guy a case of fine beer or a fifth of something, I'm just now starting to feel better.

As with everyone who is seeing this post DB, really sorry and grateful in a way that we are reading this post. Thank God for the maintenance worker being there that day or things could be a lot different.

Now take care of your diet damn it !!!
We need you around many years OK?

Hey Lee - You know, I posted this once before. I was trying to remember the tune that I thought sounded like it came from "The Bird Of Red And Gold" session. I surfed around YouTube and found it again. This is one of the most beautiful renditions I've ever heard of "I Should Care". I'm thinking it is from the same session. And there are a few more cuts on YT that may be as well.
It is indeed a beautiful song. Thank you for posting it

Sorry but I was in the hospital ICU for three days. I had a brush with the grim reaper.
I was super tired Sunday evening and took the amount of insulin for the meal I was about to eat but I laid down for "just a minute" and fell into a hard sleep. Next morning my blood sugar levels dropped into the coma level. Fortunately I had requested some maintenance work in my apartment and the maintenance guy found me unresponsive and called 911. If he hadn't found me in time I'd be dead for sure. I owe the guy a case of fine beer or a fifth of something, I'm just now starting to feel better.

So glad you're here :hug:

As with everyone who is seeing this post DB, really sorry and grateful in a way that we are reading this post. Thank God for the maintenance worker being there that day or things could be a lot different.

Now take care of your diet damn it !!!
We need you around many years OK?
Where I went wrong was injecting the insulin BEFORE eating the meal, there are times when I eat half or less than I thought I would. I'm now going to eat first then calculate the proper insulin dose.

I'm usually just a lurker but damn I feel for you. I know exactly how this can happen. I was diagnosed a few years ago, mostly because of being old and fat in my case. My vision was starting to be effected which scared the hell out of me. Along with music/audio stuff reading is one of my other favorite pastimes.

So I'm in the gym and/or hiking every day now. Yesterday did a three hour hike near Hood River with a light pack so I'm feeling far better and hope to be off Lantus soon. Cross my fingers.

Glad you came out OK.

Where I went wrong was injecting the insulin BEFORE eating the meal, there are times when I eat half or less than I thought I would. I'm now going to eat first then calculate the proper insulin dose.
I used to work with a surveyor who always stuck an insulin syringe behind one ear and a cig behind the other.
He never took the chance of running out of either.

Thinking maybe give it all away, minimize, and go back to an ipod and stock white apple earbuds....

I have to admit- being portable is nice. The other evening I was at friends' house and took my music and their dog on a walk in the cornfield. I couldn't have been any happier.

Music. Dog. The outdoors. It seriously doesn't get better than that for me.20180920_190355.jpg

I have to admit- being portable is nice. The other evening I was at friends' house and took my music and their dog on a walk in the cornfield. I couldn't have been any happier.

Music. Dog. The outdoors. It seriously doesn't get better than that for me.View attachment 1287322
Having a dog around is like a 6th sense. It's wonderful. Around here, the neighbor's dogs go ballistic whenever there's a bear around.
No idea how they know it inside the house but they do even when they're half a block away.

Back
Top Bottom