Any idea what these speakers are?

MrEntropy

Hey everybody! Long time lurker, first time poster. I was perusing the 'List today and happened upon some speakers, the make and model of which was unknown to the poster. Does anyone have any guesses? Thanks!
2LreF.jpg

I'm intrigued by the spit wad dust cap on the woofer, which looks like a refugee from a Small Advent. The woofer has obviously been refoamed, and I wonder if it was redust capped.

Weird - the world's cheapest terminal plate - nothing but two screws and the polarity only indicated by magic marker - but very neatly cut square chamfered opening for it.

Thinking diy, or maybe white van. I would expect white van or house brand speakers to have some type of front badging, or rear labeling.

I think the backs are about standard for the time. That particle board was large grained and didn't cut a real tight kerf (if that's the word I'm looking for).

I think the backs are about standard for the time. That particle board was large grained and didn't cut a real tight kerf (if that's the word I'm looking for).
Back in the 60s, when raw speakers mounted in your own enclosure were fairly popular, various mfr's made speaker enclosures available, and some of the cheaper ones look similar to what you have. Knight and Lafayette made veneered chipboard that were very functional but not always a perfect fit or all that attractive unless you were very good with staining and finishing.

Back
Top Bottom