Are Audiophiles Stoners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look up the effects of potassium nitrate just to see, sure enough, the "knocking your dick in the dirt" thing is not true. I'm still wary of that Sensodyne though!

Potassium Nitrate: saltpeter. Hmm. . . Wonder what that's for, besides making gunpowder?

-Dave

Back in the 70s we all were! Nothing better than a good smoke and a cold beer afterwards while listening to stations like KMET KLOS KWEST and KROQ when I lived in Arcadia. Those were the days!
Ahh the mighty Met. KWEST wasn’t around long, but it was a great station while it lasted. It was the sound track for a bunch of keggers during our time living in downtown Huntington Beach. How about the really early stations like KPPC and KNAC when Jim Ladd was just getting started?

Last edited:
This is an interesting thread. It's nice to see civil commentary on a controversial subject. Carry on with the civility. :trebon:

-Dave

Agreed, I thought we would have a chuckle at Paul's reaction to the question and that would be it, I wasn't expecting it to turn into a meaningful discussion when I started this thread. :cool:

I love the herb, it will be "officially" legal Oct. 17 but they are already selling it on the reservation 20 min. up the road.
it's nice to have a choice of what strain you wan't, if you are not sure they will help you pick one that is right for you, cool.
Indica fan here. :thumbsup:

Indica.jpg

What one thinks, and what knows are two different things, but I just assumed that there was fair percentage of our AK community who partook.

-Dave

Now that I’m retired I’ve got my card and have been learning and trying different strains and forms for arthritis, muscle spasms and anxiety. Prior to this I was sceptical, but the science is real which allows very specific choices to be made even if the strains have dopey names. The dispensaries I go to are nicely appointed, modern and staffed by knowledgeable, often cute female, people to help you. I was off of Norco 3 days after torn rotator cuff surgery last month I’m taking 3 fewer long term prescriptions as well.

Not withstanding the many varied, often polarizing definitions of stoner and audiophile, but yes music listening and marijuana use can be enjoyed together. I often do.

Agreed, I thought we would have a chuckle at Paul's reaction to the question and that would be it, I wasn't expecting it to turn into a meaningful discussion when I started this thread. :cool:

I love the herb, it will be "officially" legal Oct. 17 but they are already selling it on the reservation 20 min. up the road.
it's nice to have a choice of what strain you wan't, if you are not sure they will help you pick one that is right for you, cool.
Indica fan here. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1287725
We've had two weed stores (compassion clubs ;) ) in our area and they were both shut down by the cops. I prefer to grow my own anyways. I'll be testing out this years yield tomorrow while spinning some new to me vinyl. :)

I for one am looking forward to the rollout of retail pot stores in Massachusetts. It seems that the only strains you could/can get have super strong THC concentrations. It's almost like the IPA beer trend, more hops/THC=better. I'm not interested in getting comatose/socially anxious/paranoid anymore when I smoke. It'll be nice to have some variety to choose from. Something with a better balance of CBD to THC is what I'm after.
Pot is legal here in Oregon and you can tell when you drive by a grow, it smells like a skunk colony. Even when it's being smoked it smells like skunk, what ever happened to that sweet funky odor it used to have go? I think it's the super strength strains they are growing. I my self have only smoked second hand at concerts when it smelled good, the stuff my daughter smokes makes her smell like a skunk. On the positive after being legalized auto accidents and crime have not gone up like some were screaming about before it was legalized. I have no problem with it being legal it's nice not to have dealers lurking around selling downtown anymore. For the consumer prices have been dropping, to much pot and to many dispensaries so the market is self adjusting:beatnik: peace out.

I was an audiophile and a stoner back in the 70’s, found that the 2 went hand in hand. Fast forward to today and I’m still an audiophile and I use cannabis for chronic pain due to cancer. Thing is, the pot of today is so damn potent that I’m usually too incapacitated to indulge in the audiophile side of things

@Pio1980 I am wondering what would cause a complete cessation?? It's not my business, but I tend to find it a hell of a reward after a long day. Your results may vary.

And Steve, you seem pretty chill, regardless.
The only reason I quit is because we have random piss tests, and a zero tolerance policy at work. I've beaten several of them, but I'm too old for the stress and worrying that come with knowing you were absolutely dirty, but did everything possible to not piss dirty. When I retire I'm gonna smoke dope, drink beer, and play golf every damn day. And jam too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom