Are Audiophiles Stoners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So
Did we determine are Audiophiles Stoners??

Sometimes it's better to stick with the subject.

Some are, some are not, some won’t admit it, some never have and some believe its evil. Probably missing something. At least that’s what I got out of this.

:beerchug:

Yes and no.
Some are, others not.

A better question would be......

Does Music..... release .... endorphins????

I say it does.

Unfortunately drugs also release endorphins and the results are OFTEN negative. Very negative sometimes tragic.

The two do not equate. One is mostly harmless. one can kill.

I will answer the question because it is obvious. The answer is NO!
Doing drugs is NOT necessary to enjoy, love, experience, live music. Audiophiles can be it's own addiction. Nothing to do with drugs.

You guys are awesome to chat with. I think a second person has me on ignore, apparently because I'm annoying.

I apologize to them, but hear me out...I'm an enigma. This is going to be a long post.

Early today, my mother, my sister and I went out to one of our farms by Hays, Kansas. We had some squatters hook the electricity up to mother's childhood home, a now abandoned farmhouse. Mom had to pay for 104 kilowatts of power that was used in a month. Apparently the squatters had cooked some meth, but they didn't leave any trash behind. They had vacated before the utility company went out to see why the power was being used. Everything is fine on the property.

On the way out, mom pointed to a plant, and said "There's a marijuana plant". Her dad had a government contract to grow hemp during WWII, we have a reoccurring ditch weed "problem". I said it wasn't a marijuana plant, my sister smiled and said "We know there's a difference between hemp and marijuana". And I said, "That plant is not either one". My sister stopped; I pulled a leaf and explained to them how to identify a pot plant. This was four prong leaf, maybe shatter cane.

I then announced to them, for the first time, that I intend to grow marijuana if and when it becomes legal. My sister is an Environmental Engineer for a state government. She laughed, and is apparently open to the idea. Mom didn't understand that I intend to grow pot on her land. She'll maybe figure it out later.

The irony is that I work for Dupont. Irene Dupont lobbied to have hemp made illegal, after they invented the long synthetic strands, specifically Nylon. How cool is that, I work for the anti-hemp.

So I have my foot in the door to be a pot grower. And I'm a recovering alcoholic. I can't (or won't) drink alcohol. I also go to Narcotics Anonymous meetings, because I used to use drugs, and because there are no chicks in the local AA program. I'm awful, no doubt about it.

If I end up a pot grower, i guess I'd have to quit the recovery programs. Being two face would get to me eventually. An hour ago, I took a homeless druggie to the store. i bought him some food, and a pair of reading glasses so he can read his Bible and the recovery program material.

I really think being a pot grower would be morally okay. i mean I drive past the liquor stores all the time. Those people don't feel guilty.

If you think my posts lead nowhere, you're probably right. Sorry if I'm annoying.

You guys are awesome to chat with. I think a second person has me on ignore, apparently because I'm annoying.

I apologize to them, but hear me out...I'm an enigma. This is going to be a long post.

Early today, my mother, my sister and I went out to one of our farms by Hays, Kansas. We had some squatters hook the electricity up to mother's childhood home, a now abandoned farmhouse. Mom had to pay for 104 kilowatts of power that was used in a month. Apparently the squatters had cooked some meth, but they didn't leave any trash behind. They had vacated before the utility company went out to see why the power was being used. Everything is fine on the property.

On the way out, mom pointed to a plant, and said "There's a marijuana plant". Her dad had a government contract to grow hemp during WWII, we have a reoccurring ditch weed "problem". I said it wasn't a marijuana plant, my sister smiled and said "We know there's a difference between hemp and marijuana". And I said, "That plant is not either one". My sister stopped; I pulled a leaf and explained to them how to identify a pot plant. This was four prong leaf, maybe shatter cane.

I then announced to them, for the first time, that I intend to grow marijuana if and when it becomes legal. My sister is an Environmental Engineer for a state government. She laughed, and is apparently open to the idea. Mom didn't understand that I intend to grow pot on her land. She'll maybe figure it out later.

The irony is that I work for Dupont. Irene Dupont lobbied to have hemp made illegal, after they invented the long synthetic strands, specifically Nylon. How cool is that, I work for the anti-hemp.

So I have my foot in the door to be a pot grower. And I'm a recovering alcoholic. I can't (or won't) drink alcohol. I also go to Narcotics Anonymous meetings, because I used to use drugs, and because there are no chicks in the local AA program. I'm awful, no doubt about it.

If I end up a pot grower, i guess I'd have to quit the recovery programs. Being two face would get to me eventually. An hour ago, I took a homeless druggie to the store. i bought him some food, and a pair of reading glasses so he can read his Bible and the recovery program material.

I really think being a pot grower would be morally okay. i mean I drive past the liquor stores all the time. Those people don't feel guilty.

If you think my posts lead nowhere, you're probably right. Sorry if I'm annoying.

Take a trip to Colorado or California and see the pot operations out there. Plowing fields in Kansas to grow pot is prehistoric. the shit they grow today is laboratory grade scientific hybrid specialty unbelievable advanced futuristic .... get my drift??
But as long as the federal government has laws against it. The states are only placing their residents in jeopardy. It has happened where a building owner leased his property to grow weed. The property owner loses their property to the feds for allowing, knowingly the illegal activity. Tread Very lightly.

I'm open friendly and helpful, if by me stating the truth found by doctors and physiatrist is insulting, arrogant and incorrect I can't help that. If you think, and as I said a user looks for like people that will validate their view as being true to help justify the usage, I'm not that one.

Don't flip the script Tim, I have not judged anyone here, I have simply stated why one does drugs, and why they are not needed. Funny the majority of the worlds population doesn't feel they need the consumption of drugs like we do in the US. It's a culture of learned behavior.

I just erased about 30 lines of retort, and then thought, "why bother." I don't see any give with you on this topic.

I am not sure what "truth found by doctors and psychiatrists" you mean, I don't think you get to decide what is needed/not needed, and answering why people do drugs has no simple answer. Also, the world around is rife with addictions, everything from cocaine to heroin to bath salts, so that is fallacious.

So, we'll agree to disagree on this one. I'll continue to be a productive member of society, same as you.

I become hyper when I smoke.
Which type should I get to promote sleep?
Get an indica-heavy strain. Higher CBD levels is the ticket!

And they make it so easy now. But..., used to be a whole lot more in CA (literally hundreds) before the State stepped in July this year. Feds/State actually used to use Weedmaps to raid places.

https://weedmaps.com/

Last edited:
I think a second person has me on ignore, apparently because I'm annoying.

I apologize to them
Yes you where and I did for about a week, it seemed like anything I said you didn't understand it, so I got sick of it. However just like back in that one thread you kept pushing something you didn't quite understand about me and had negative thoughts. I said your wrong because I like you big E, your honest and forthright. You have a willingness to let people know who you are and not hide in anonymity as this post displays. That makes you someone I look up to, and part of the AK family.

Tim and I do not see eye to eye here in this thread, but it doesn't matter because Tim is a friend, he's family. We will see eye to eye with other things and don't hold anything against each other. Tim is good people and I know he knows I am. In fact I bet Tim comes back tomorrow and says the sweetest things and how maybe he shouldn't have gone so far or something like that. That's Tim!!!

Sorry if I'm annoying.
This is annoying^^^ Do you want to be back on ignore?

My first time, mid-70's, listened to Pink Floyd "Animals" through some headphones......... I think I'll re-live the experience right now.:beatnik::beatnik::beatnik::beatnik:

... I'm also a 100% disabled vet. My PTSP comes from combat events in the Philippine Islands in the late 70s. Most are unaware of the early radical Muslim events there, for years, out on some of the fringe islands...

Dirk

Was the radical Muslim group referred to as the Huks? short for Hukbalahap. That's what we called them, although I never had any firsthand experience when I was on Luzon north of Subic Bay at NAVCOMSTA PHIL in a place called San Miguel, San Antonio, Zambales Province. There was one club off base that was 'Off Limits' due to some relationship to the Huks. But being off limits to US servicemen was a death sentence to any business in that little town. There was some good local grown weed, and the local bands were good too. And then there was Olongapo, the adult Disney Land across the bridge from the Subic Bay Naval Base.

Take a trip to Colorado or California and see the pot operations out there. Plowing fields in Kansas to grow pot is prehistoric. the shit they grow today is laboratory grade scientific hybrid specialty unbelievable advanced futuristic .... get my drift??
But as long as the federal government has laws against it. The states are only placing their residents in jeopardy. It has happened where a building owner leased his property to grow weed. The property owner loses their property to the feds for allowing, knowingly the illegal activity. Tread Very lightly.
Forget the seedless hybrids.

I'd find the most potent seeds. As long as they aren't DNA patented, I'd be in like Flynn.

No mole asses for me, either. Where I come from, we thrive on pure bullshit.

Forget the seedless hybrids.

I'd find the most potent seeds. As long as they aren't DNA patented, I'd be in like Flynn.

No mole asses for me, either. Where I come from, we thrive on pure bullshit.
Straight line on a silver platter, but I pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom