Are Audiophiles Stoners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irene Dupont lobbied to have hemp made illegal, after they invented the long synthetic strands, specifically Nylon. How cool is that, I work for the anti-hemp.
Therein lie just some of the real reasons at the root of original drug prohibition.

Point well made.

I used to order a tea bag in a coffee shop that frequently had LEOs as customers, and burn some of it in an ash tray for grins. Don't recall getting a reaction tho'.
There's a reeking haze hanging over my neighbors house.
I chant for evening westerly breezes.

Drugs and music can be REALLY BAD for you.

An example is 20 years ago in my younger days when I hitched repeatedly around NZ to get from A to B.

I got picked up by a bunch of fairly docile guys going to a gang meeting - the car was crammed with dope - glovebox, etc. Plus supermarket bags of it everywhere.

They blew me out and then Britney Spears "Baby Baby" came on the radio and I thought......

.....This is one of the goddamn best songs I have every heard!

It did sound amazing, I mean the lush production, etc etc.

Therein lie just some of the real reasons at the root of original drug prohibition.

Point well made.
Talk about 1984. Dupont has people employed to police the internet. I logged into AK from work; they prohibited the connection after that.

Sure bet they're reading this now.

Damn BigE, I admire your strength to post that. Personally I don't partake I don't like how it makes me feel. I did go with a friend to a local dispensary here and it's just nuts to me. Having credentials that I do really prevents me from fooling around.

But I'll tell you what, if I could I'd plant my entire backyard ! From a growing standpoint it's a beautiful weed and pushing females into......well you know.

When we visited Oregon earlier this year, I was blown away at the grows being done in plain sight along the roads we traveled.

Anyway I believe music without drugs can take a person to altered states when the time and mood are right, that can lead intense highs & lows.

Edited to add, I'd like to lick one of those frogs sometime. That looks interesting :confused:

So you didn't see the folks on TV flopping around in a stream having their spirit visions....hahahaha. I thought to myself what music I would want in my head to that crazy !!!

"Pssssst....hey, man....you got any of these: # ? ? My friends and I smoked all the hashtags while listening to Electric Ladyland"....

One of my friends (Mike Finnigan) played on Electric Ladyland. Later he and his wife quit drugs then his wife wrote a book about addiction that led to her successful "Intervention" series on cable TV. Both Mike and I lost several musician friends (some mutual) due to drug and alcohol abuse. In addition to being part of Bonnie Riatt's touring band today and still doing session work Mike is deeply involved with a program that helps addicted musicians get and stay clean.

I quit smoking weed around 1993.I slowly got back into it in the last five years.Not that powerful stuff,I don't like that stuff.Its too strong and makes my thoughts go from good to bad and thats not enjoyable at all.I like a puff or two of the shake (really only a puff or two...don't want more than that)when I am drinking and listening to music.Purely for the enhancement of the music.Thats the only time I do it.

I suspect that many of the folks denigrating users such as myself have some axe to grind. See below.

Apparently I should not have commented in this thread and I'll give 2 examples why I shouldn't have. Early last week at work my life almost was ended and it's only by the grace of God that I'm still here. The cause; a stoner at the wheel of 10 ton vibratory Cat roller. It smashed into our paver and sheared off the cat walk where I spend several hours every day. Had I been standing there at that moment I wouldn't be replying to this thread right now. The stoner's reaction......."my seat wasn't clicked into place." He obviously didn't know if he was a roller or giving a sermon in church. Another "axe to grind" is have you seen what happens when a stoner backs over a man with an excavator? The man's intestines have no where to go and come out through his mouth. Then Mr. Weed head gets to drive forward off the man he's just backed over and killed.
I'll bow out of this thread now and politely apologize to all the stoners that I've so rudely offended. Carry on and please don't operate any heavy equipment around me or any of my loved ones.

Another "axe to grind" is have you seen what happens when a stoner backs over a man with an excavator? The man's intestines have no where to go and come out through his mouth. Then Mr. Weed head gets to drive forward off the man he's just backed over and killed.
I have absolutely no objection any individual enjoying whatever mind-altering or inebriating substances they like, whether smoked, eaten, drunk, injected, popped, licked, sniffed or snorted.

I have every objection to idiots who enjoy those substances and then get behind the wheel of a vehicle or the lever of dangerous machinery. If that's any of you -- and I'm sure it is some of you -- then I hope you imagine that the last thoughts of that crushed man, as he suffocated on blood and the contents of his own bowels, was not the indescribable pain but the fact that he would never get to say goodbye to his mother, daughter, father, brother, wife, son, or friends. If there were tears in that man's eyes as he died, that's why.

Did you notice quite an effect in terms of visual pattern recognition?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Yes, I did. Impossible to describe.

I've witnessed quite a few dinner party/ get-togethers break up soon after the weed ceremony.

I've seen a few stagnant parties turn into love-fests where everyone had a great time.

@motorstereo, anyone stupid enough to run dangerous, gigantic equipment around others is a FOOL. Pot only exacerbates that. No responsible adult would ever do something so wreckless.

It is a shame when cannabis is put in the hands of idiots, but where do we draw THAT line?? After all, apparently all you need to get a drivers license in this country is a pulse, and that's 3 to 4 tons of steel at 50 to 60 mph. VERY dangerous. Dumdums ruin everything.

Terrifying to read, motorstereo and I'm glad you're okay, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom