Sansui Mass collection sold. Possibly old AK member

^ heartily seconded. As someone who has spent 21 years now collecting (almost entirely) Sansui, and having acquired a decent number of rarities myself, I'm in awe of the collection your father put together.

I'm more curious about some of the ultra rare tube gear he had acquired, as many of those models almost never showed up on ebay, especially prior to about the past 10-15 years when vintage audio has had much greater exposure. He must've had other sources for some of this equipment.

Also happy to hear you've kept a few choice parts of his collection for yourself. I know I highly value the one Sansui receiver my dad owned (he passed 17 years ago now) and have kept it in working order due to its value as a nice piece of gear, but also for reasons of sentimentality. Very glad to have you on board here, and look forward to hearing more about what may be the ultimate Sansui collection ever assembled by one collector; at least as documented so far.

Hi guys I am the son of the Sansui collector in question. Over the past 2 years I have sold almost all of the collection, with only a few special pieces remaining that I have chose to hold onto for now. If anyone has any questions I would be happy to do my best to answer.

Don
Hi Don, do you know if your father had any Sansui G33000 ? If so how many did he acquire ? Also would you have any older Sansui G22000 manuals, paper work or even bill of sales?
Thanks
Chris

Hi Don, do you know if your father had any Sansui G33000 ? If so how many did he acquire ? Also would you have any older Sansui G22000 manuals, paper work or even bill of sales?
Thanks
Chris
Chris,
I believe we started with three G33Ks and five 22Ks. Many had boxes and paperwork but I usually included that with the eBay auctions when they were sold. I have not yet gone through everything so if anything else pops up I’ll be sure to post about it.

^ heartily seconded. As someone who has spent 21 years now collecting (almost entirely) Sansui, and having acquired a decent number of rarities myself, I'm in awe of the collection your father put together.

I'm more curious about some of the ultra rare tube gear he had acquired, as many of those models almost never showed up on ebay, especially prior to about the past 10-15 years when vintage audio has had much greater exposure. He must've had other sources for some of this equipment.

Also happy to hear you've kept a few choice parts of his collection for yourself. I know I highly value the one Sansui receiver my dad owned (he passed 17 years ago now) and have kept it in working order due to its value as a nice piece of gear, but also for reasons of sentimentality. Very glad to have you on board here, and look forward to hearing more about what may be the ultimate Sansui collection ever assembled by one collector; at least as documented so far.
His main source was definitely eBay, but he did occasionally travel to meet with other collectors to trade. He would also buy a lot of broken units and repair them. He also sold almost as many as he acquired and made a decent amount of money from the hobby.

Welcome to Audio Karma!! We are all completely amazed at the collection. I have wondered if you have an interest in the Vintage/Classic audio or electronics which seem to go hand in hand with this hobby..
Testing and working on all of these older units has been a really big learning experience for me and has given me an appreciation for vintage audio gear that I would have never found otherwise. I hope to continue exploring the world of vintage electronics and expand my knowledge on the subject.

believe we started with three G33Ks and five 22Ks. Many had boxes and paperwork
You have played with some of the most insane Sansui pieces ever made. Hell You have shelfs full of the stuff LOL. Most here will never see a G-33 or 22K let alone a BA-5000 or Pioneer SX 19080. I was blown away by all the beautiful mono blocks I got from you. And to let you know they all powered up just fine.

Drestle,

It's sad to hear that your dad passed away at such a young age and I'm sure that you miss him. I know that my dad passed away 10 years ago at the age of 86 and I still miss him.

I didn't know your dad but one thing is for certain, he had very good taste in audio equipment. If I had known him I'm sure I would have liked him. Most of us can only dream of owning the equipment that he had. I hope you keep some of the equipment and enjoy it thoroughly as it was meant to be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom