Anybody here actually use the MUTE feature?

My KR-9600 has an attenuator -20dB that I use often. I have a set of Khorns and they’re so sensitive that if I want a lower volume I use the attenuator switch. With all that power from the Kenwood, I only have to turn the volume knob a small amount to get loud in a hurry with the Khorns. Using the -20dB switch gives better control at lower volumes.

I can’t remeber the last time I used mute. I always hit pause with anything other then my TT.

Nope. In the habit of rotating the volume instead. I cycle the mute button to keep contacts clean though.

I use it pretty often actually. I hit it on my Pioneer SX-950 when I’m changing records (sometimes) and when I’m running up or down the FM dial. I don’t like using the FM muting for this because it kills all of the sound except for stronger stations. The -20db muting feature is nice because I can still hear where I am on the dial even if the station isn’t strong enough to trigger the FM muting. Tuning in the station properly may involve rotating the antenna and some adjusting on the tuner but if the sound is completely muted I can’t even start, so the partial mute works well here. It’s also come in handy when someone asks a question while we’re listening to something with the volume up kinda high, we can converse for a few second then get back to listening.

The toggle switch on the front of the Volt+D mutes the amp. That's a nice feature as without it you'll get a loud pop when it powers up.

P1010026.jpg

I use it when changing records. It's nice to be able to leave the volume set where I wanted it while I fiddle around with the table.

My SA-8500II has a 2 step mute switch. When listening at lower levels I often use the first mute level to get better resolution from the stepped volume control.

I use the mute button when answering the phone or door--sometimes I am just cranking, and it is too loud. I do also use it when changing records, because I always clean my stylus and that "scratching" noise when I hit the stylus is annoying.

I use mute when changing rekkids, or if I need to hear if someone is beating on the door (usually a delivery).
Usually I just check it to make sure it works as it should, Or when the wife is hollering at me. :biggrin:
I thought we were supposed to turn the music up louder when they start hollering. Supposed to drown 'em out. :D

Back
Top Bottom