Schiit Multibit back from service

Nope, hooked up my back up DAC and all was well. The first one I sent back was sent back to me as repaired with a note saying audio board replaced, still did not work. Sent it back again requesting a new replacement which they did. Lasted a month.

Disappointed is all as liked the darn thing and the sound for a middle road DAC.

It usually takes 2 marginal devices for an issue to surface. I would not discard a possibility of a faulty USB port on your PC.

I find it suspicious 2 units failed back to back. Who knows, maybe your computer USB power is out of spec. Just a thought.
Actually it was 3 DACs that failed. The first one,the second with a new board, and immediately after, the third replacement. There is something causing this,that is too much coincidence to me.

Actually it was 3 DACs that failed. The first one,the second with a new board, and immediately after, the third replacement. There is something causing this,that is too much coincidence to me.

I thought about that too, but it is possible Schiit messed up and sent the unit back unrepaired. The other 2 are confirmed cases.

I used the same USB port for the backup DAC and it worked fine. (same one for the multibit) The Modi multibit was mailed back this morning. Will likely try another from them at some time in the future. They were very nice and no hassles at all. I would suggest to them that they get a phone number customers can call though....

Last edited:
I would suggest to them that they get a phone number customers can call though..

Won’t happen, nobody wants to call anymore, a few of us old people complaining won’t matter. Email and txt, hell even I prefer that now that I think about it. Most people are annoying ;)

Won’t happen, nobody wants to call anymore, a few of us old people complaining won’t matter. Email and txt, hell even I prefer that now that I think about it. Most people are annoying ;)

Having phone support requires a much larger customer support staff. Several emails can usually be answered in the time one call takes.

Also people, for some reason, won't take turns calling in so you'll get a bunch of calls in a short time and then several hours with none. So in that short time your poor customer service person or people are running like crazy and the rest of the callers are getting impatient and grumpy on hold.

Having phone support requires a much larger customer support staff. Several emails can usually be answered in the time one call takes.

Also people, for some reason, won't take turns calling in so you'll get a bunch of calls in a short time and then several hours with none. So in that short time your poor customer service person or people are running like crazy and the rest of the callers are getting impatient and grumpy on hold.

I forgot chat! Every customer service interaction I have had with various companies (work and personal) over the last year has probably been chat and the problem/isssue was taking care of quickly via 1 chat typically.

I forgot chat! Every customer service interaction I have had with various companies (work and personal) over the last year has probably been chat and the problem/isssue was taking care of quickly via 1 chat typically.
Me too..nothing like living in the 21st century!

Actually received a full refund from Schiit Audio today, full price including shipping, they didn't charge the 20 percent re stocking fee either. Impressed and will try them again in the future. They get thumbs up for no hassle good customer service. I do miss the Modi Multibit a lot!

I just wanted to note this was similar to my experiences with Schiit DACs. USB failed, got it repaired. USB failed again, was told it must be my fault. The OP is lucky that they kept offering to replace it.

Perhaps a company that cheerfully replaces a broken product twice and offers a refund on strike three does indeed have "great customer service", but I'd rather deal with grumpy people who make stuff that doesn't break myself.

Back
Top Bottom