1030 amplifier faceplate

Abyss

Hello everyone,

I've got a little 1030 amp that I bought a while ago and intend on rebuilding. It has a lovely champagne face but unfortunately the face is the problem. It has a serial number engraved (like some of these vintages pieces do by their previous owners) and also a very faint (but visible) scratch.
While I would really like to rebuild it, I've always asked myself if it is worth keeping it like this ( or even put the money end effort into rebuilding).
I am not sure if I break any rules here,if I do I apologize. I am looking for a faceplate for it to make it better. I realize that finding a champagne one would be almost impossible. But I was thinking of a "normal" one.
I wold also like to know your opinions about rebuilding it. Is it worth it ? I have other receivers but I am attracted to this little amp.
Thanks for your time and opinion. If you have a faceplate you want to trade for other parts let me know.

Rebuild it, look for a face plate I have found 1030s on eBay and keep the old one in case you sell it to someone that like the original better.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for your reply. I'll have a look on ebay to see what's listed. I guess it is worth rebuilding. I've used it a bit as a headphone amp and I like the sound.

I have way too many 1030s and 1060s. They respond well to upgrades and are not hard to work on. Good luck. Oh people around here like pictures.

Tony

A donor unit or used faceplate is the way to go.

Is it worth restoring? Only you can answer that. Will you get your money back if you decide to resell? Probably not.

Back
Top Bottom