Is it just me or is that "sound" unbearable?

I can only speak to myself, family and friends. It’s all about the performance, the sound is secondary, a well done exhaust is music to a lot of people. Probably way more than a great sounding home stereo.

Yeah... in my twenties I use to build Rock Crawlers. I was a gear head, I know all the reasoning. When I had children, I had to put away my toys, and act the adult... then it stuck. Maybe when I'm 50, I too, will regress.

Yeah... in my twenties I use to build Rock Crawlers. I was a gear head, I know all the reasoning. When I had children, I had to put away my toys, and act the adult... then it stuck. Maybe when I'm 50, I too, will regress.

Luckily my wife and I had the foresite to wait until we where financially stable 6 years after we got married to have kids so I was adulting before I had children. Even in our early 20’s our “toys” where our daily drivers. Both my daughters where MX’ing growing up so they really had all the toys from my early 30’s until I retired from the Navy and bought a 65 Galaxie for restoring.

In our Cul-De-Sac we had a squid with a loud boom a boom bass stereo in his squid mobile. One day he pissed off a cop and was busted in front of his home for disturbing the peace, The Officer found 6 lbs of weed that he was transporting. Now in prison for playing his stereo loud. Aaahh JUSTICE

In our Cul-De-Sac we had a squid with a loud boom a boom bass stereo in his squid mobile. One day he pissed off a cop and was busted in front of his home for disturbing the peace, The Officer found 6 lbs of weed that he was transporting. Now in prison for playing his stereo loud. Aaahh JUSTICE

Obviously a criminal mastermind. "I've got 6 pounds of weed in my car so l'm going to play my system really loud and be an asshole to the police, duh.".

A few decades back, I went to a New Year's Eve party given by a friend's coworker. Loud music and some acting like fools in the apartment parking lot resulted in the police dropping by. Instead of playing it cool, this idiot started telling the cops how his father was an important lawyer and could get them fired and so on. Turns out, he and his girlfriend had 2 1/2 Lbs of pot in the apartment (neither me nor my friend knew this) and they arrested him. His girlfriend started shouting "It's not illegal because it comes from nature! Nothing from nature is bad!", then proceeded to attack a Sargent, the highest ranking officer on the scene. She too was arrested.

This is the legacy of the Attention Seekers. There is little pretense to aural aesthetics, on the contrary, it is designed to overrule, intimidate and overwhelm. A symptom of overinflated egotism covering inner inadequacy.

@theophile The above quote is gold. Solid Gold.

And I will be borrowing it.

Yeah I thought that was some funny ass shit when I read it! I laughed out loud to my phone. I never do that.

:banana:

Last edited:

When I was younger and more of a hooligan the catch phrase was always "only do one crime at a time." It doesn't take much of a criminal mastermind to realize that doing all you can to call attention to yourself while committing a felony is probably not the best idea but I guess most people who end up in that line of work aren't really the mastermind types.

I can remember years ago when I could hear muted CRT TV's anywhere in the house , fluorescent lights, etc. In my late 30's now and my hearing is no longer so sensitive to high frequencies. I also don't enjoy music to the same extent, though I'm more discerning. Go figure right ?

I can relate to your experience, and still hear the CRT whine at age 40. Jet engines produce a similar frequency, and it's painful after a few hours.

I can relate to your experience, and still hear the CRT whine at age 40. Jet engines produce a similar frequency, and it's painful after a few hours.
I've not seen a CRT for many years now so I may be able to hear it. I can't hear the whine of fluorescent lights though I had a training session a few years back where the data projector was putting out a high pitched whine. Gave me a headache though no one else could hear it

That's understandable. Prius doesn't attract enough attention.

And that is a good thing. We don’t more of those ugly little $hits clogging up the roadways by their slow drivers.

Every car produced should have a minimum of 200hp, a manual transmission and rear wheel drive.

And that is a good thing. We don’t more of those ugly little $hits clogging up the roadways by their slow drivers.

Every car produced should have a minimum of 200hp, a manual transmission and rear wheel drive.

That manual transmission requirement would remove a whole bunch of "drivers" from the roads. I'd bet that most of those are the same ones who can't parallel park. A neighbor once told me she didn't drive on any expressway if it was raining. I know she couldn't parallel park or drive a manual transmission. Cars with manual transmissions are less likely to be stolen as the younger auto thieves can't drive a stick.

My grandfather used to call cars with automatic transmissions "one legged cars".

In the vestibule of a grocery store, shopping carts being slammed together. Screaming kids. Backup alarms on trucks. (I'm sorry someone backed over their kid with a car, but why should everyone else in the world have to endure noise pollution?) Obnoxious "chirping sounds" when people lock and unlock their cars. (What the f*** is the point of this noise pollution?????) Two cycle power lawn tools (blowers, trimmers, etc). (Seriously, they can't put mufflers on these?) Sound reinforcement systems, particularly when operated by idiots. Noisy restaurants. LFE in many movies. Etc.
Your life must be hell.

Forgot about this one, as it bring back sad feelings. Was shopping with the late wife. When we were leaving the store a totally unmuffled American V-Twin rolled into the parking lot. The noise was unbearable and the large plate glass windows of the store were shaking in their mounts. The helmetless driver went into the store. So my late wife who was sensitive to loud noises, scribbled a note to put under his seat strap on a bright yellow post-it note. It read "Does no mufflers mean you have no p-nis" When the driver came back, needless to say he was not a happy camper. He looked around the lot for a bit. Hopped on his bike and actually did not rev the crap out of his mufflerless bike leaving the lot. Maybe a small victory.

Back
Top Bottom