Goodbye, Tidal. Welcome back, Deezer.

People can do what they want for whatever reason, though cd’s are cheap and so is an Onkyo C-7030. Better sound quality and cheaper in the long run....

I think it depends. Just sitting here doing Tidal HiFi via CCA>>>optical>>>SMSL-M8>>>mediocore Sig system vs DV-45A>>>coaxial>>>same as above. Listening to a live acoustical performance (something this set up does well), CD sounds like recording of a live show. Tidal sounds like I am there :dunno:.

Still not having the issues with Tidal others are. Maybe I don't use it enough to notice? It's vinyl 90% of the time.

Edit: and a preemptive hug to all the haters :rolleyes:

Edit II: forgot the streaming source

Edit III: I travel an avg of 130 days a year and not any issues that aren't hotel WiFi related.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
I think it depends. Just sitting here doing Tidal HiFi >>>optical>>>SMSL-M8>>>mediocore Sig system vs DV-45A>>>coaxial>>>same as above. Listening to a live acoustical performance (something this set up does well), CD sounds like recording of a live show. Tidal sounds like I am there :dunno:.

Still not having the issues with Tidal others are. Maybe I don't use it enough to notice? It's vinyl 90% of the time.

Edit: and a preemptive hug to all the haters :rolleyes:
:beerchug:

Same here, Tidal and records. Tidal hasn't given me any troubles so no reason for me to switch.

Unless of course it just goes bankrupt or some shit haha.

People have many options today, use what you like :)

Eric

Strange about the dropouts. I have been on vacation for the last couple of weeks and have been using TIDAL on both my phone (WiFi and Celular) and laptop and have not noticed any dropouts. Are you using their AP or just accessing tidal.com.

As for their search engines, they suck. Looked for the new JD Allen ~ Love Stone recording every which way and only found it after entering the name of one of his old recordings and then worked backward to find the new one.

Odd, always on the lookout for the new- to-me I searched for JD Allan, Love Stone was the first album on the album list. No drop outs here on my end.

Deezer does not have 24bit/192kHz Hi-Res and that is the main reason I subscribe to TIDAL. 90% of my favorited tracks on TIDAL are in Hi-Res. 16bit/44.1 CD quality is just not good enough after hearing Hi-Res audio.:music:

Back
Top Bottom