Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac

Sounds like another bankruptcy will be in the works---especially if it takes a few years to get into the courts. There won't be any cash for Buckingham and he'll end up with pennies on the dollar, at best, which won't cover the massive attorney bills keeping the lawsuit going.

Lindsey Buckingham's guitar skills are amazing. Great singer and song-writer, too. Watch FM's The Dance on DVD to see him pretty much still in his prime. But he does come across as arrogant. So would I, if I could do what he did/does. However, I have no desire to see the band as they age - rather stay home and watch the DVD and listen to CDs when I'm in a Mac mood. And I certainly wouldn't want to see the band without him. Ten guys might replace him, but it still wouldn't be Lindsey. My favorite eras of the band are the Bob Welch and Lindsey Buckingham line-ups, though I did also like Kiln House and Then Play On.

I view Fleetwood Mac as three distinct bands. Peter Green/ Jeremy Spencer was the beginning British Blues era, the middle period was transitional with writing shared by Kirwan/ Welch/ C McVie, the last of course was Buckingham/ Nicks.

I like them all. I never stopped listening to them just because they changed. I expect bands and artists to change, the better ones always do.

Seeing them in 2013-14 I was surprised and impressed with Buckinghams guitar playing, still excellent and creative. Mick Fleetwood is a better live drummer than on record. I saw them in their prime years too.

Last edited:
Mike Campbell and Neil Finn are perfectly competent,
I cant say that anything Neil Finn has ever done has come close to impressing me the way that a lot of Buckingham's material does. Lends even more credence to the idea that Fleetwood Mac are just a bit of a lame tribute act without the eclectic Buckingham.

I loved seeing Roger Waters live a couple of years ago - he did an incredible show (considering his age now) and a lot of the material had been "updated" to great effect - the only show Ive been to that had surround stacks of speakers behind the crowd too for those effects used on DSOTM. However in those crucial guitar parts, I still missed Gilmour's guitaring....

Last edited:
Very impressive! I don't believe I've ever seen the word "guitar" used as a verb before. :D
You've never been guitared?
format-500w-gif.2414759

I view Fleetwood Mac as three distinct bands. Peter Green/ Jeremy Spencer was the beginning British Blues era, the middle period was transitional with writing shared by Kirwan/ Welch/ C McVie, the last of course was Buckingham/ Nicks.

I like them all. I never stopped listening to them just because they changed. I expect bands and artists to change, the better one always do.

This is exactly how I feel about Fleetwood Mac.

-Dave

I'll add that I stopped liking Fleetwood Mac as humans when Bob Welch was snubbed by them when they were inducted into the Rock 'n Roll Hall of fame. Disgraceful! Bob Welch was a key member of the band for 5 albums.

-Dave

I took my kids to the RnR HOF and I went back a second time. It’s ok. To be honest I think the concept of a HOF for rock music is kind of stupid. Pretty much everyone is in it, there is no good way to judge who gets in.

Back
Top Bottom