What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

f505kf4o43h7.jpeg

Jacco Gardner • Hypnophobia

View attachment 1305742
View attachment 1305743 View attachment 1305744
Good day from wet and misty England.:rolleyes:
Klimts Beethoven Frieze...the Gorgons
Listening to Beethoven on BBC Radio Three in pristine FM.:)
Smudge chipper,assuming Queen of the House role when Mrs.John absent.:)
One of my offspring sent a pic of his walking tour of the Irish coast.:cool:
"Happy" Monday to all.:):):)
Good Afternoon John and Queen Smudge. :)

Good Morning Booze. :)

Good morning everybody.

Good Morning P-Man. :)

Sure, but isn't it nice that we can audition an album before we buy it? I remember going to the record store on the advice of a book in the public library on what was becoming the consensus canon in Rock N Roll. I would put my responses to the thumbnail write-ups in there, and this Mystery Woman would write her responses, and we'd trade this book back and forth, and I'd read the band genealogies, especially the Pete Frame ones. I later met her. She was very cool, but didn't like jocks. She was willing to overlook my being a wrestler, because I knew music, and had good weed connections. We ended up co-editing the yearbook for our high school. On Saturdays, I'd sometimes run into her at a record store in Waukesha. We'd be filtering through the stacks, trying to figure out whether to buy John Barleycorn Must Die or Bare Trees.

Totally agree. Back when I was assembling the bulk of what is my vinyl collection I was doing it by the seat of my pants. Couldn't sample anything. For the most part I did pretty good... got a few duds along the way.
Today with the internet and our ability to audition before purchasing is a dream come true.
Commenting late on this after a long catch up.
There was so much more excitement buying a record in those days. I compare it to buying wax packs of baseball (or insert your favorite sport) cards. I do it now with budget used records sometimes. If the condition is good, a $1 record is no gamble and I have found albums that I really like that I had previously never hear of.

Back
Top Bottom