What crazy "pseudo-science" tweak did you feel actually works?

Instead of all the negative comments how about paying attention to the thread title?

The question is looking for a subjective response to a tweak or tweaks. What's so hard to understand about that.

If you've tried a "pseudo science" tweak and noticed a difference then post. If you've tried a "pseudo science" tweak and noticed no difference post.

If you've never tried one and don't believe they work why crap on the thread?

Don't spin discs any more, but still have a similar Marigo mat along with some unused L'Art du Son cleaning fluid.

View attachment 1307473
As long as it glows in the dark I'm down with it!
I've been looking at some of the carbon fiber mats on eBay from overseas lately and heck, they're cheap enough not to really hurt.
One seller even sends his in a little wooden box - now that's tweaky!;)

^^Yes, I would like to hear more real-world, personal experiences.^^

Ok here's one that worked for me. I ran a 10 gauge multi strand pair of wires a few inches long (as short as I possibly could) from each leg of my breaker panel to a pair of 20 amp receptacles. From there I used 7 gauge Pangea cables from there to my high current mono-blocks. This was a significant sonic upgrade over the stock cords plugged into the wall receptacles.

Last edited:
Ok here's one that worked for me. I ran a 10 gauge multi strand pair of wires a few inches long (as short as I possibly could) from each leg of my breaker panel. From there I used 7 gauge Pangea cables from there to my high current mono-blocks. This was a significant sonic upgrade over the stock cords plugged into the wall outlets.
I am much more an advocate if you have that much voltage drop that you have to place greater than 8 gauge, better to step up to 240V to prevent that. (yes, I understand that your amp has to support that) I have to run dedicated 240V runs for my HF transmitters just for that reason of voltage drop.

And the crapping continues.
I'm not sure why you are really making such a fuss. If it's a tweak that is rational, more power to you, but if it is unreasonable, and doesn't hold up under scrutiny, then why promote "pseudo-science" which is in fact, by it's very assertion, just BS? Only those who promote the BS is allowed to post, even unchallenged? I thought General Audio Discussions, all things were game, and I would think even more when it's over "pseudo-science"...

Ok here's one that worked for me. I ran a 10 gauge multi strand pair of wires a few inches long (as short as I possibly could) from each leg of my breaker panel. From there I used 7 gauge Pangea cables from there to my high current mono-blocks. This was a significant sonic upgrade over the stock cords plugged into the wall outlets.

Jesus 7 guage. What is that, like 3 pounds per foot?? I thought I was a bad ass by getting a sub-panel put in with 20 amp breakers.

Unprovable, non-scientific tweaks with pseudo-scientific explanations I believe based on my own, sample of one, unreliable, often beer-soaked observations.

Power amp best plugged straight into socket, rather than power conditioner. Sounds "bigger." Burly even.
Sources can benefit from a power conditioner. Less noise.
Turntable mats can affect the sound. My mat leads to "blacker" backgrounds.
NOS tubes often sound better than new production tubes. More clarity. And smoother. Like butter. Room temperature butter.
Raising cables off the floor can't hurt. Something to do with static electricity.
Gold-tipped connectors sound better. While diamonds may be a girl's best friend, gold is a man's.

iu

Unprovable, non-scientific tweaks with pseudo-scientific explanations I believe based on my own, sample of one, unreliable, often beer-soaked observations.

Power amp best plugged straight into socket, rather than power conditioner. Sounds "bigger." Burly even.
Sources can benefit from a power conditioner. Less noise.

I agree with the straight into the wall thing. I think it may be all in my head, but the amp going straight into the wall does indeed sound like it "has more headroom" or whatever. Unfortunately, with the lightning strikes, I wouldn't have an amp for long if I didn't plug it into a big old conditioner.

I have all my sources plugged into that same conditioner, but I don't really hear a difference. meh.

Back
Top Bottom