It's true about Coat-Hanger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure they are properly insulated

padded-coat-hangers-500x500.jpg

And they make a very effective car radio antenna, if you have an older car and happen to drive through the car wash without retracting your antenna. A coat hanger antenna also doubles as a passive security system.

But ... use audiophile grade wood only ... something like African Blackwood at around $10k per kilo should do the job nicely.

PS ... wonder what that would do to the typical spring clips you find on a lot of equipment?
(oh ... the horrors!)

America mahogany is also known for its sonic qualities!!!!!

welcome to the site @no_sound

Every few months we get someone asking the same question. Its always fun! :)

I was looking for reviews on speaker wires.. and i kept getting those old Coat-Hanger articles on Google..

So i decided to try and really see.. i tried to bend a couple of coat-hanger (my wife is not gona like me) and replaced one side of Audioquest Type 4 and compare it with the other side... and it definately sounds as good with the Coat-Hanger.

And it also sound slightly better than cheap Monster cable that i had. Since i don't have any Nordost grade wire i can't compare with high end.. but against Audioquest Type-4 the Coat-Hanger has a really great sounding..and just as good.

I:ll just have to figure out how to add bananas to coat-hanger.. using shrink-tube will probably prevent them from shorting each other...

So my question is... for someone who doesn't move/change the equipment often..should we just use Coat-Hanger ?

I discovered the same thing a long time ago but have been afraid to bring it up.

fortunately I have been able to find both black and white coat hangers. This makes it easier keep the polarity correct. The paint on the metal keeps corrosion to a minimum so it is best to leave it on the metal.

Flat white? No no no; everyone knows matt surfaces have higher emissivity. Those precious electrons will pour out.

And I forgot about titanium oxide bond resonance.

Flat white? No no no; everyone knows matt surfaces have higher emissivity. Those precious electrons will pour out.

And I forgot about titanium oxide bond resonance.

Semi-gloss is OK if you like the California sound. But I like the flat New England sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom