Happy Birthday Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Priest

I am probably going to make myself less popular by saying this, but is anyone else annoyed by all the birthday threads?

Sometimes, like today, I have to scroll through half a page of them. To get to the other off topic threads.

I don´t care if it´s my birthday, and I don´t care if it´s yours either :)

edit: I can´t even ignore the poster, because he´s a mod :(

Last edited:
I am probably going to make myself less popular by saying this, but is anyone else annoyed by all the birthday threads?

Sometimes, like today, I have to scroll through half a page of them. To get to the other off topic threads.

I don´t care if it´s my birthday, and I don´t care if it´s yours either :)

edit: I can´t even ignore the poster, because he´s a mod :(
I put in a request to ehoove earlier today to make a separate forum for them. We shall see.

What? I want MORE birthday threads!

I hate only having to go to the second page to find real threads.

I think each of us should be wished a happy birthday in a separate thread each month rather than once a year.

Who's with me?

:beerchug:

I find them annoying also. In the past I would add the poster to my ignore list, but you can't add mods. It's a nice gesture, but they push real threads off the main page, some of which might not get the amount of responsea they would otherwise.

Just like any other sub-forum there is lots of content that doesn't interest any given member. In other words do what everyone does, look for what interest you and scroll past what's not interesting.

Oh gee, now we have this thread taking up site space that I have to scroll past. <see what I did there?

Judas Priest - I respect your attitude but I do not accept it. I do not share your opinion regarding Birthday in general. But that is okay.

As I said several times before - Birthday threads, like milestone threads or posting in the introduction threads strenghten the team spirit of the community of AudioKarma. It is this phenomenon team spirit here in this forum which I appreciate so very much. You do not see that one in our rough nonvirtual world much often anymore.

The Birthday thread tradition once had been introduced by mulester7 and I carried on with that - posting more than 1400 of them in the last years - according to the strict and reasonalbe rules I got from Ronnie, just a couple of days before he died.

After an advance notice I posted in June, I posted my last Birthday thread on 9/30/18. I am so glad that I could pass on the baton to Jim. And I told him which were the rules making a Birthday notable after the rules of Ronnie. Now it is up to him how he does handle the job. I am pleased about any of his Birthday threads.

A couple of months ago the idea came into my mind to suggest a special forum (like the gaming forum - the games were also in the Off Topic Forum just one or two years ago) - well a forum for Birthdays, milestones, condolences and things like that. So now I do not just think of this idea but actually post it.

Christoph

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom