Anybody Live Where Weed Is Legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it doesn't sound like just because the people vote for something the gov makes it fast and easy to become a reality. The whole reason I started this thread was because they make it sound like recreational weed will become the law here soon but I've never any specifics. I sort of thought the wears and whens might be all worked out but it sounds like it could take some time for the details to be settled. I'm thinking the Gov will want that tax money and they'll get a fast track on it, but who knows :dunno:

Legal here now but I don't see much changing for a casual smoker like myself. Government store sells you a gram for $12.50, take it home and weigh it and it ends up being 6/10ths of a gram. No thanks I can get it a lot cheaper through my regular sources and they won't rip me off on weight. Anything government touches is sure to turn to shit so I won't be buying any gov weed. Everybody around here is talking about the legal weed thing but as far as I'm concerned,with it now being legal changes nothing in my world.

It became legal in California on the 1st day of 2018. It was no big deal. Recreational isn't in legal in Hawaii, yet.

Biggest impact has been in the stock market.

It became legal in California on the 1st day of 2018. It was no big deal. Recreational isn't in legal in Hawaii, yet.

Biggest impact has been in the stock market.
So when it became legal on Jan. 1st did they have stores up and running on the 2nd??

Even though it became "legal", different cities had their own laws to regulate the sale. Just awhile back there was some big deal in Sacramento about se4llers having just a few days to have all of their product labeled with how much brain burner each different variety had. No labels, they shut you down. There were pot liquidation sales all over Sac.

Usatoday reports that traffic accidents are up as much as 6% in all states that legalized marijuana. No definite test to see if pot contributed or not.

- Missing one leg (phantom limb pain)
- Replacement knee and ankle on the other w/assorted pins and rods
- Replacement shoulder
- Torn rotator on the other one
- Frozen neck
- Parkinsons
- Carpal Tunnel
- PTSD
- Chronic pain/Fibromyalgia

Oh. And I just broke a fingernail ...

If I don't qualify for medical ganja, can't imagine what it takes ... ;-}

- Missing one leg (phantom limb pain)
- Replacement knee and ankle on the other w/assorted pins and rods
- Replacement shoulder
- Torn rotator on the other one
- Frozen neck
- Parkinsons
- Carpal Tunnel
- PTSD
- Chronic pain/Fibromyalgia

Oh. And I just broke a fingernail ...

If I don't qualify for medical ganja, can't imagine what it takes ... ;-}

Here, the clinic gives you a questionnaire. You get to choose your ailment including inability to sleep. Next, you see a doctor with a last name with so many syllables that his name cannot be pronounced. He asks you a couple of questions and then you are on your way. It takes about an hour to get a card...so I've been told.

Curious, why are the nannies all over flavored vapes and kiddos, why are they not doing the same with this ?

Medical MJ pisses me off, bigtime. May just as well require a Doctor's prescription to buy a six-pack of Bud. It's oppressive. Time to end MJ Prohibition. And I'm a pretty conservative fellow. This is a hypocritical situation.
I guess if and when it becomes "recreational" there will be no need for "medicinal"

Tinctures are little glass bottles with rubber topped droppers. Squeeze the weed juice into the dropper and put it under your tongue, put it into a drink, whatever.
There’s also (hope I don’t get into trouble with the mods..) weed ‘lubes’ for sexy time..
The drinkables have been harder to get because of dosage concerns. They’ve been pulled in some cases because people were drinking entire bottles and overdosing..

Everything in moderation folks. Including stereo equipment!
Sacrilege.

I guess if and when it becomes "recreational" there will be no need for "medicinal"

I think the Medicinal market's M.O. is hilarious. Sanctioned pay-to-play. A VIP pass gets you into the "pharmacy" where you can pick out any prescription you want. The MM doctor arena really missed the on-going patient revenue possibilities. They should've given patients consultation options. Pay for advice on what weed or form of weed to buy, where to get it, how & how much to consume, and when to come back for another paid office visit.

That sounds crazy but around here there are plenty of people would would consider that a status symbol if the doctor's office was fancy enough and the fees were high enough.

Curious, why are the nannies all over flavored vapes and kiddos, why are they not doing the same with this ?

HI dose, direct hit levels of nicotine that has real addiction problems.

In Canada the biggest discussion folks have about it being pot is not legality, but that they don't want the smell all over the place.

I believe I've been vocal enough with my opinions on this topic.

Recently got a pen vape for those moments when stealth is needed. Went hiking at Cummins Falls National Park in Tn on Friday (first day of my vacation, first in 11 years) and my pen turned a long hike with the wife and 11 year old dog into something even better.

Gloriously long, wonderful hike with 2 living creatures I adore. Wife even nearly stepped on a snake (ring necked snake, no worries) and I wasn't rattled.

Enjoying a plant responsibly should not be a crime, and we certainly shouldn't lock up those with mental health issues who seek drugs as cheap therapy.

@parman Yeah, too long. And since I'm in sales, I'll return to a mountain of work. It'll take me 3 weeks to get caught back up.

Saw this the other day, had to laugh -

42003213_259743688017876_6750016516771444343_n.jpg

Then saw this, and wanted to cry -

sackler.jpg

@parman Yeah, too long. And since I'm in sales, I'll return to a mountain of work. It'll take me 3 weeks to get caught back up.

Saw this the other day, had to laugh -

42003213_259743688017876_6750016516771444343_n.jpg

Then saw this, and wanted to cry -

sackler.jpg

Very sad indeed. I'm highly allergic to any opioid based pain meds so I suffer with aspirin as my only relief when needed, other than the regular intake of mj that is lol.

Having been diagnosed with arthritis at the age of 19, carpell tunnel at 22, now in my 60's I've learned to cope with chronic pain quite well, but without the mj I don't know if I could have made it. Aspirin works great but after yrs of use I'm no longer able to tolerate it very often without bleeding issues so I rely heavily on the mj to get me through working construction. At my age it's no piece of cake to still be swinging a hammer every day.

Last edited:
I enjoyed weed when I was a teenager in the 60's & 70's and gave it up when my job of 31 years went to mexico and I had to get a new job with drug testing. Worked there for 12 years and it became legal in Washington. I was one of the first ones in line the day the stores opened haha! I'm 3 years from retirement and they don't drug test at work anymore which I don't really care either way I've done my time and now it's about taking my daily hit after work and spinning some records!

They have some good stuff in there but we had some pretty good weed back in the day. I have experimented with the concentrates and hash but neither is like it was back in the day because of how it's processed. I prefer some good old fashioned skunk weed! I here the edibles are nice but have not tried any. Here in WA they have everything under the sun you can think of and fairly good quality as well.

It's about $40.00 for just over an eighth oz. It lasts me 3 or 4 weeks. So It's all good. Nothing like the sweet smell of weed and Incense to put you in the mood for some quality audio!!!

:beatnik:
Peace & Love
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom