Chrysalis

Posting to share my current system:

*'79 Pioneer SX-980 Receiver
*'79 Pioneer Graphic Equalizer SG-9800
*80s Pioneer RG Dynamic Processor RG-2
*80s Pioneer Reverberation Amplifier SR-303
*60s Wharfedale W60E Speakers
*60s Wharfedale W70E Speakers​

I like the system. I went to check out the W60E's on a CL ad, remembering the name from my teen years but having no knowledge. Was I in for a surprise! They sound great, as do the W70E's, which I also found locally. The real bonus with both pairs is the beautiful furniture-grade walnut finish. Just gorgeous. I think I'll stick with this system for a while, but I am considering a Pioneer SX-3900, honestly, because it's just so good looking and has more power and better specs than the 980, and definitely more of everything than I will ever need.

Last edited:
Thanks for the funny reminder! Here's my first attempt at uploading pics.
Please forgive the cramped apartment living, and fortunate: No wife complaints!

Attachments

• IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0622.JPG
    IMG_0622.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 86
Thanks, I got the right cost represented. We are book-ending the USA (United States of Audio).

Thanks Imral.
Thanks OTB.
A little personal backstory: When I was a teen I had an SX-450 and knew it got great sound, but later gave it to my GF when I got the first computer controlled receiver, an SX-6. Even though the 6 had more power as in watts output rating (45 v. 15), the 450 sounded better.
About 6 mos ago I decided to get a good system again.

Thanks Grenadeslio. This is what I could afford at the moment, and I'm happy with it. ;)
But on that note,
An old friend offered me a pair of Klipschorns the other day...:dunno:
I don't know if I can afford his asking price, but if I can, they will be enjoying their second owner! :jump:

Thanks Imral.
Thanks OTB.
A little personal backstory: When I was a teen I had an SX-450 and knew it got great sound, but later gave it to my GF when I got the first computer controlled receiver, an SX-6. Even though the 6 had more power as in watts output rating (45 v. 15), the 450 sounded better.
About 6 mos ago I decided to get a good system again.

Yep, power isn't everything. Although I have systems with waaaaay more power, one of my little 35watt Kennys produces concert levels of glorious sound in the bedroom.

20180904_184826.jpg 20180904_184657.jpg

Helps to hear it when in the shower when I use it most lol. Originally it was to be used along with the tv, but only my lady watches in there and she uses the tv speakers. The system is now on the long wall with more room to breathe.
If the mood strikes me in the little room, I've parked a Waveradio in there and put the remote in reach so there's no having to get up! :naughty:

Back
Top Bottom