Anybody Live Where Weed Is Legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI dose, direct hit levels of nicotine that has real addiction problems.

In Canada the biggest discussion folks have about it being pot is not legality, but that they don't want the smell all over the place.

If I read right, in this thread it says they're putting it in freaking Gummy Bears, lol ? I've known people who are/were addicted to pot, worse than chain smokers.

I'm paying my bill right this minute for peeing in a cup to get medication for panic attacks and I pay for every office visit. I don't abuse (I would go without in a heartbeat), but without I don't leave the house. They've made it very difficult to for those who really have a medical problem.

I guess if and when it becomes "recreational" there will be no need for "medicinal"

Recreational will be limited THC content ... medical can run a lot higher depending on your needs and includes legal growing for your own use ...

The MM doctor arena really missed the on-going patient revenue possibilities. They should've given patients consultation options. Pay for advice on what weed or form of weed to buy, where to get it, how & how much to consume, and when to come back for another paid office visit.

In Michigan at least, it's illegal for a doctor to make any recommendations for sources or types. Not sure if they can set THC limits ... currently anyway. The rules are constantly changing, probably just to keep us all paranoid and confused.

Here in Germany, they´ve been talking about legalization for quite a while. It will probably eventually happen, but I think it will be years until it happens.

I would try it if it was legal, although I couldn´t smoke it; I hate cigarettes!

This seems fitting :) :

I should be able to grow my own in my backyard without fear of jackboots. Period. And vape without having to claim it's for medicinal purposes, which I won't do. Or alcohol should be illegal, too, just for consistency from our rulers. Falls squarely under the pursuit of happiness thingie.

Last edited:
I've read everyone's posted about the stuff. I've lived in Colorado for almost 40 years so I've seen it's growth and economics. Since weeds been legal (medical or rec) our homeless populations have exploded (mostly under 30yrs old), our schools locally haven't benefited as they advertised when passing the law (500 million collected in tax just last year), teens have more access to weed though they're not old enough to buy (just do to the fact their parents have it around at home). Weed shops are getting broken into every week, some using stolen cars to smash the storefront. I don't smoke (used to) and have no bias against it, but like anything generating money it seems the results never pan out (i.e. legalizing gambling, lotto).

I've read everyone's posted about the stuff. I've lived in Colorado for almost 40 years so I've seen it's growth and economics. Since weeds been legal (medical or rec) our homeless populations have exploded (mostly under 30yrs old), our schools locally haven't benefited as they advertised when passing the law (500 million collected in tax just last year), teens have more access to weed though they're not old enough to buy (just do to the fact their parents have it around at home). Weed shops are getting broken into every week, some using stolen cars to smash the storefront. I don't smoke (used to) and have no bias against it, but like anything generating money it seems the results never pan out (i.e. legalizing gambling, lotto).
That's because a lot of the people voting and running Colorado now came from California.:beatnik:

I spent the summers of 16 & 17 in Denver where it's legal. We even paved the parking lot of a dispensary just north of Denver. One dispensary is called Sweet Leaf. I knew there had to be a Black Sabbath fan getting into the game. Traffic is ridiculous since everyone wants to live where it's legal. I don't do weed and don't recommend it, but the sales tax sure helps the economy and at least the prisons aren't so over crowded because there aren't any people whose biggest vice is THC.

Recreational just became legal here in VT this past summer, the first to be passed by the legislature rather that by vote. At the moment, the laws are a little weird. You can grow a few plants, hold up to an ounce, but you can't sell it. There is no tax and regulate plan set up now, but there is talk of that in the future.

I may try to grow a few plants in the spring, which if successful, will be more than enough for me and my wife.

One loophole to the ban on selling, is gifting, or similar situations. I've seen a few adds on Craig's list saying "free weed, just pay for delivery." Or "buy this little trinket and get a free weed gift."

It's on the ballot here in MI next month and is expected to pass. So what happens if it passes, do you just walk in a party store and buy it? Is it ready rolled? Is it as expensive as medical marijuana? Man that stuff is over $200 here. I'm interested in the marijauna infused beverages. Anyone had any of those?
Legal here in CA and no, you can't just walk into a party (liquor) store and buy it; at least not here. You have to visit a dispensary and show your DL to get registered the first time. After that, you just show your ID and they'll let you enter the store area. At ours they sell many different varieties of herbs and edibles. I haven't noticed any infused beverages, but I may have just missed those because there's sooo much to see.

I think MLK said something to the effect that "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

I do not ask permission, and I don't believe I need permission. I am a responsible adult who harms nary a soul with my actions.

The specious legal claims of the Federal government that have vilified this plant for 80 years (barring Hemp for Victory) are weak. They don't protect the public, but rather incarcerate otherwise law-abiding citizens, provide a boon to law enforcement to violate the 4th amendment, and stock up those for-profit prisons.

Dammit. And I was going to sit this one out. Dang.

One loophole to the ban on selling, is gifting, or similar situations. I've seen a few adds on Craig's list saying "free weed, just pay for delivery." Or "buy this little trinket and get a free weed gift."

Send me an ounce ... I can do PP "friends and family" ... <G>

Same sort of thing really. People will abuse pretty much anything that can be abused. Legislation will be tweaked until the legislation itself is the abuse. Take what started out as maybe a ten page document, add a few zeros to the page count, and try to figure out what's legal.

We got a pot store here that opened up this summer in my little town p2500. Every time I drive past it I'm tempted to stop in but have resisted thus far. The last thing I need is another habbit,especially an expensive one that makes me sit around all day.

But if what they say about resistance being futile is true I suppose it's only a matter of time! :beatnik:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom