Cornwall help please

dontmindme

Creature
401466ED-764A-4447-9372-239438F970BE.jpeg
2722A4F6-81EB-494D-832F-98708CA11DB4.jpeg
Looking at these. Looks like somebody added the black paint over the raw birch on the face, and added glass tops. Haven’t ever seen the black fronts with raw birch sides as a factory look? The serial number shows 1983. Do they look right for that? Screw terminals for wire connections?

the idea of birch raw cabinets is to detail or customize to your tastes...the glass tops reduce the dreaded plant placement issues and the black fronts, at least the edges were probably a personal preference...

Bill

Last edited:
Its not factory issue, but they look very nice to me. I have glass tops for my speakers, too. My better half was a quilter so I also have quilts to place on top of some of the speakers with glass.

Last edited:
When I had La Scala's I had glass tops made for them. It's almost impossible to resist placing objects on that large a surface.:rolleyes:

When I had La Scala's I had glass tops made for them. It's almost impossible to resist placing objects on that large a surface.:rolleyes:

You speaketh the truth. When I was in college, I was hired by a Frat house to play some parties for them. I dragged my LaScalas & stuff to their location and we had at it. I probably spent 30% of my time that entire evening, just perusing past the speakers and removing various amounts of beer cans, bottles & cups from them.

I hadn't thought about that reality beforehand and it didn't make me very happy. (though they did have a good coat of urethane on them)

You speaketh the truth. When I was in college, I was hired by a Frat house to play some parties for them. I dragged my LaScalas & stuff to their location and we had at it. I probably spent 30% of my time that entire evening, just perusing past the speakers and removing various amounts of beer cans, bottles & cups from them.

I hadn't thought about that reality beforehand and it didn't make me very happy. (though they did have a good coat of urethane on them)

Good to know they're are more of us "anal" folks out there...... I've got a set of Khorns flanking a pool table that tend to get things set on them.... as I nervously pace the room, trying to be inconspicuous as I remove objects from them.....ugh

Swap the Khorns with some Jubilee's.... they are a natural impediment to setting something on since they have the 402 in the way. Side benefit, they sound ok too!

Back
Top Bottom