Vintage Fords, Lincolns, and Mercurys!!

Yeah - I'm addicted to the sound of my new Mustang with its high reving 4 valves per cylinder V8 - I just want more and more. Such a change from the family sedan and SUVs that I've had over the last 20 years.

I don't mind it loud outside the car, I just can't stand the drone inside the car. The Towncar and the Mark VII both have speed ranges that are annoying. The Towncar happens to do it right about 50 in overdrive, and of course most of the roads around here are a 50 speed limit.

They said it best in 'Fiddlier on the Roof'

"If I were a rich man"...

fl0116-229932_2@2x.jpg
p40135_large+1969_Ford_Mustang_Boss_429+Engine_Bay.jpg

Let's go faster!...

1969-ford-mustang-drag-racing.jpg
1969-ford-mustang-boss-429.jpg

I owned a Boss 351 for a while.

Car was awful on gas mileage and changing spark plugs which was often.

Speaking of Boss 429...

I was only 10 years old at the time, but if I could have only talked dad into buying several of these. Then today, sell a few for retirement money and save one for showing off in my garage and driving around my gated community that I now live in since I sold the other 429's. :rflmao:

boss-9-numbering.jpg

An acquittanced of mine has a 429 scj and a 70 ? boss 302 mustang.Killer cars.I was reading the new catalogue for ford performance and on the back cover there was a customer that did a 72 maverick with a 3.5 eco-boost .Now theres a sleeper!

Speaking of Boss 429...

I was only 10 years old at the time, but if I could have only talked dad into buying several of these. Then today, sell a few for retirement money and save one for showing off in my garage and driving around my gated community that I now live in since I sold the other 429's. :rflmao:

View attachment 1280710

The best part about this sticker is 4 gallons of gas for $1.33. LOL Forget about the cars, I would love have bought a tanker full of gas and sold it today!

The best part about this sticker is 4 gallons of gas for $1.33. LOL Forget about the cars, I would love have bought a tanker full of gas and sold it today!
You would have needed to use a lot of fuel stabilizer to keep it from going sour over the ensuing 50 years. Also cost of storage would have taken a big bite out of your profit. Oh, and let's not forget about inflation...

If I could go back in time to before I was born, I'd buy up all the Mercury coupes from that era, right before James Dean became famous.

Then....PROFIT....

Back
Top Bottom