Mac 4100

oneputt

I have a Mac 4100 that has a new problem. I drove from Illinois to North Carolina with it in the back of my suv. Cushioned it so it wouldn't get bounced around. An egg wouldn't have broken i had it protected so well. Any way when i hooked it up one of the channels isn't working. About 6 months ago i spent $400 on it to get it refurbished and it had been working great until the drive down here. I can't take it back to my tech as i won't be going back to Illinois until April. Any ideas? I live south of Raleigh a little, does anyone know some one in that area thats capable of taking a look at it? I'm not able to do any work myself as i don't know anything about fixing electronics. Any help would be appreciated

Hello oneputt

The fact that your MAC4100 do not work on one channel may be caused by a bad contact inside the speakers relay . Because you can hear the other channel , that mean that everything is fine regarding your amplifier section .
If you open the unit (take the top cover off ) you can knock on the top of the speaker relay to see if the "wrong channel" is coming back or not (unit ON )
Did you try to use MONO position ?.

Thanks for the info. Do Alex Loc, dtafil, and analog addict live in the RDU area and how do I contact them? To clinic-audio. no, i didn't try mono but i will today. When i take the cover off what does the speaker relay look like so i could tap it.

Never mind, i'm an idiot. Checked the connections and the one of the jumpers was loose. I have RCA jumpers. Does anyone know what size i would need to replace these with metal jumpers. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom