Can Anyone Identify These Giant Speakers?

Stanton681EEES

Addicted Member
My friend's uncle passed away and he is getting a nice system including these. He offered them to me as he doesn't have the space in his small house. But he didn't know what these were and he asked me if I wanted them and if I knew what brand they were.
Thanksspeaker.JPG

DIY, "Perkins" type bin.

Woofer is horn loaded thru the midbass region, reflex loaded below the horn's cut-off.

It looks like the love child from a JBL 4560 and Altec 816 hooking up with some added cabinet for an HF horn.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find an Altec 811 horn hiding behind that grill as the design in general borrows much from the Altec 816 series design.

I think you're right, doesn't seem to be enough space for an Altec horn up top. But the rest of bowtie's description certainly fits. You can see the reflex port(s) along the left side. If the buffet or whatever that is to the left is about 30" high, that's how tall the speaker is. Not giant by our standards. :p

I think you're right, doesn't seem to be enough space for an Altec horn up top. But the rest of bowtie's description certainly fits. You can see the reflex port(s) along the left side. If the buffet or whatever that is to the left is about 30" high, that's how tall the speaker is. Not giant by our standards. :p
Now that you mention it................

I had assumed a 15 inch driver. But, perhaps this was scaled down for a 12?

Curious minds want more pics and info.

Don't

Say

NO

I don't care if they say shitcan turballs on them, you can tell from the build, that's not junk.
Hell, I'd be almost willing to drive to Ohio just to grab them if they were for sale.

Last edited:
Don't

Say

NO

I don't care if they say shitcan turballs on them, you can tell from the build, that's not junk.
Hell, I'd be almost willing to drive to Ohio just to grab them if they were for sale.
I agree and I’d take em if you don’t want ha ha but my car is shot can’t drive far . Doubt you would let those go .
I’m still hopelessly looking for a job my car is toast can’t drive on highway, need a new one.
Horn loaded speakers are the holy grail !:lurk:

Back
Top Bottom