In a JBL mood

Jayrosc

Been off here of late but just wanted to throw this thought out.
I love my JBL speakers.
Listening to the Eagles shimmering vocals right now through two pair: L110's in my office and 4313b's in my kitchen. I bounce back and forth depending on where I am with a Marantz 2270 running both pair.
I mean, holy smokes...
It don't get no better.

I get you! I’m looking at a nice pair of 4313b, to add to the collection, how do you like yours?
I just revamped my L100 and so far, wow

Attachments

• CAD248B4-D1E9-4105-B803-DAD7B9066B78.jpeg
    CAD248B4-D1E9-4105-B803-DAD7B9066B78.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 66
Three chances to score JBLs around here and I was too late on all three - one pair were L110s. Still haven't had the pleasure. Enjoy!

I get you! I’m looking at a nice pair of 4313b, to add to the collection, how do you like yours?
I just revamped my L100 and so far, wow
Run. Do not walk. Get them. I'm told the 4313b are the last and best version of the series...

I think my JBL Studio 530s are the best bookshelf I have ever heard. I did own a pair of L100s got got rid of them a few decades ago.

There was a pair of 4313Bs on the local CL awhile ago that needed a refoam for dirt cheap. I'm still kicking myself for passing on them.

The 4313b here are really not that expensive, one speaker has a crushed tweeter dome though, so I’m still thinking about it??

Last edited:
Any way with the new crossovers the L100 are really nice, a lot more relaxed ! I’m back to the flat setting on my preamp’s -C33 equalizer.
I’m very happy... for now

Last edited:
Love my little 4301b's, amazing for their size, and new to me L200's. So far, loving these beasts!

Alobar and I are still backing and forthing on new awareness's on our 4367 'woofed' L200 3-ways.
These things just keep amazing us!
Our latest 'investigation' is to do many trials with and without the lenses on the horns.
One thing that is very certain now is that with these improvements, they have become very very revealing.
We both can both distinguish recent recordings from older (pre-2000, say) ones very clearly - the newer (DSD?) recordings are just cleaner, better imaged, and go Deeper.
I'm totally engrossed in revisiting my entire music collection (almost all FLAC, some DSD) - and is like discovering old friends who were 20 yrs old again!
:)
Long live vintage (!) JBLs!!

When I first posted this I didn't intend it to be a shootout between these two pair, but now that I've had them running for a couple days I must say that I like the L110's more than the 4313B's. A more natural and balanced sound that is not fatiguing. The 4313b's are really detailed, but I'm very much a casual listener. Still glad I have both though. Neither are going anywhere.

Always fun to see a new JBL thread going. The Studio 530s are probably some of the best speakers JBL ever made (agree with Wayner on how good they are). Am always trying to displace them and can't find better. They hold their position.

Vintage JBL is cool for value - I own some nice L100's too with repro grills too, but don't listen to them that much. Maybe with a crossover upgrade someday.

Back
Top Bottom