What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Oh my time to do some online research as a couple of vintage nuggets are sitting at the LRS.
A 70's Nikko receiver (big and silver baby!! :thumbsup:), a Dual 621 TT and a 70's Kenwood integrated amp.
All need a little work. All do work.....
Time to crank it up and do some research on these units..

Howdy folks. It's been a busy time for me. Working on a friend's garage roof...it should have been done several years ago. Yesterday I ended up falling halfway through the old planking while going over it with plywood. Scraped myself and bruised a couple of ribs up. I'm in a fair amount of discomfort right now. Lucky for me the weather is bad today and tomorrow...gives me time to heal a bit. Right now I'm relaxing and listening to:
15421383626368194487787967105624.jpg
This is my favorite of Dan's work that I'm familiar with.

Now Playing: 1990 - Michael Hedges - Taproot (Windham Hill WD-1093) EAC FLAC's
This guy had so much talent! So sad he is gone so early from a stupid Car Accident in 1997 :(
index.php

-Blitz :)
The first time I heard "Live, On the Double Planet" I had to ask the guy I was working with how many guitarists were playing on the album. His response was "Michael Hedges....that's it...just him"....I've been a fan for 32 years since.

Howdy folks. It's been a busy time for me. Working on a friend's garage roof...it should have been done several years ago. Yesterday I ended up falling halfway through the old planking while going over it with plywood. Scraped myself and bruised a couple of ribs up. I'm in a fair amount of discomfort right now. Lucky for me the weather is bad today and tomorrow...gives me time to heal a bit. Right now I'm relaxing and listening to:
View attachment 1329720
Ouch! Be well and enjoy some time off.

View attachment 1329720
The healing power of music....and beer. Get well!

I went to a couple of Pawnshops out of town today. Came back empty-handed. I was in the "Bargain Basement" of one and spotted a pair of older Genesis speakers. I was all excited until I saw they had replaced woofers. They had the inverted dome tweeters with Masonite frames. I was tempted, but...

When the store would get the Windham Hill samplers in, I'd always look for new cuts by Hedges...strangely enough I was also introduced to Level 42 on a Windham Hill sampler. They were one of "those" bands that no one else seemed to like, but I just couldn't help myself.
:rockon:

Hedges used to stop in Gordon Miller Music on occasion for strings when he was attending the The Peabody Conservatory in Baltimore.

Back
Top Bottom