What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Howdy folks. It's been a busy time for me. Working on a friend's garage roof...it should have been done several years ago. Yesterday I ended up falling halfway through the old planking while going over it with plywood. Scraped myself and bruised a couple of ribs up. I'm in a fair amount of discomfort right now. Lucky for me the weather is bad today and tomorrow...gives me time to heal a bit. Right now I'm relaxing and listening to:
View attachment 1329720
This is my favorite of Dan's work that I'm familiar with.
Ciao Fuzzb :)

I'm totally digging what I'm reading about this little Kenwood amp. 1971-1974, 42wpc.
kenwood 6004.jpg
Needs some of the usual pot cleaning and could make a good project to be fed by the NAD pre in the bedroom.
Aint gonna drive the Infinities but not much from the early 70's does anyway. And who doesn;t love that space in time early 70's sound they had?

When the store would get the Windham Hill samplers in, I'd always look for new cuts by Hedges...strangely enough I was also introduced to Level 42 on a Windham Hill sampler. They were one of "those" bands that no one else seemed to like, but I just couldn't help myself.
:rockon:
I lived in the next city over from where Windham Hill was located in the Bay Area. So I heard a lot from them and the albums were readily available. Even now you can find a mint LP for a buck. Those samplers were/are a great introduction to many unknown artists. Good stuff.

The first time I heard "Live, On the Double Planet" I had to ask the guy I was working with how many guitarists were playing on the album. His response was "Michael Hedges....that's it...just him"....I've been a fan for 32 years since.
I've been a fan for 32 years since.

Same here. A friend who gave me free guitar lessons turned me on to Hedges back in the mid 80's and I've loved his style ever since.
It was a really sad day for both of us when he died in some silly car accident :oops: To us, his best years were still to come.

Shake It Up - The Cars
WLP
1VvT1wm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom