Mountain II, A Damn Good Turkish war movie.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Amazon Prime Movies
Turkish language with subtitles.

Saw the teasers for Mountain II on YouTube found it as part of Amazon Prime Movies. The opening scene in the movie is right out of recent news. A Turkish elite combat rescue team saves a female news journalist from ISIS. (the Daesh) She is something of an anti-war ”A” hole. You learn about the individual members of the unit through flashbacks. Basically, this team fights their way through ISIS to get this lady to safety. It is a quietly realistic movie. The Turkish Military is very capable, very conscious of their long history. Their special forces units are as good as they get. This is a very good movie. A statement made at the beginning.

”We carry the memories of our [dead] comrades on our backs, we are porters”.

WOW!!!

AF8AE42F-0B59-495E-BAB6-924B07F6E92D.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll be checking it out. I've been watching a lot of foreign flicks lately. I particularly like the Russian ones that are done in 3 or 4 episodes. They can be a bit soap operaish, but they are enjoyable nonetheless.

Look for this in the movie.
The insignia of the Özel Kuvvetler Komutanlığı
(OKK) The Turkish version of the Green Beret.
CFEB3B1F-EEFF-4626-8D01-16E629A93B43.png

Just looked up the production stats for DAS II, it cost just a bit over $365,000 USD.to make this movie, and it made just short of 12 million worldwide.

This movie reminds me of a Japanese Samurai movie. Particularly 13 Ronin, and The Seven Samurai, a very introspective story.

Back
Top Bottom