Today's JAZZ playlist

PB029172.jpg

TELEPATHY
2 Great Albums: Live at Village West - Telephone
Ron Carter - double bass
Jim Hall - guitar

Concord Jazz

Just set up the Varo Tower Doc Speakers in the Condo. You guys know I'm a fan of vintage Stereo. But yikes, do these sound amazing. Especially for the price Staples blew them out for. I have two set up for stereo WiFi casting. They also have Optical Input for surround sound from HDTV.

81-8o5ipz%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Apple music at present, "PURE JAZZ" Channel. Later some "Dinner Jazz" @CJRT and then "Cool Struttin" @KSDS

Last edited:
Heard something about a "Nor' Easter" you may be getting on Thursday? Those can be brutal, but it's pretty early in the season. I'd think the snowfall would me minimal.

The prediction I'm seeing right now is 6-10 inches by tomorrow evening. As you say, it's pretty early in the season for a snow storm that significant, but there will be several days above freezing afterwards, so it probably won't last.

Winters are long in Syracuse, with lots of snow, but I grew up in Buffalo, so no one can really scare me with snow storm stories. ;) The plus side is that summers are mild compared to the South or Midwest, and are quite nice.

The prediction I'm seeing right now is 6-10 inches by tomorrow evening. As you say, it's pretty early in the season for a snow storm that significant, but there will be several days above freezing afterwards, so it probably won't last.

Winters are long in Syracuse, with lots of snow, but I grew up in Buffalo, so no one can really scare me with snow storm stories. ;) The plus side is that summers are mild compared to the South or Midwest, and are quite nice.

It was coming down pretty fast and furious for about an hour tonight; just in time for me to cuss out my commute. Seems to have calmed down for now though...

Earlier: An encore Jazz episode of "Music from 100 Years Ago."

GJ

I'm well familiar with that I-90 corridor between Buffalo and Albany. I have also commuted from Cleveland (when Continental Airlines hubbed there) to Buffalo in blinding lake-effect snow storms blowing in off of Lake Erie. Yikes. Some very white knuckle driving. I remember one evening, driving with a rented SUV with 4 wheel drive worrying that I was perhaps NOT on the highway during a blinding snow storm around 10 PM in January. Very hard to tell where the highway ended and the shoulder and drop-off began. I finally pulled off the highway in Hamburg and checked into a Red Roof motel just to get off the road.

Just set up the Varo Tower Doc Speakers in the Condo. You guys know I'm a fan of vintage Stereo. But yikes, do these sound amazing. Especially for the price Staples blew them out for. I have two set up for stereo WiFi casting. They also have Optical Input for surround sound from HDTV.

81-8o5ipz%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

Apple music at present, "PURE JAZZ" Channel. Later some "Dinner Jazz" @CJRT and then "Cool Struttin" @KSDS

Nice looking condo speakers. Probably don't cut the Led Zeppelin mustard much but might be great for jazz.

SWMBO's home from work so no more loudspeaker playing of Jazz.

Bose QC 35ii Headphones are now the thing paired to my iphone.

Really enjoying KCSM San Francisco and their nightly show "Jazz Oasis"

7 PM local so lots more Jazz listening to come until bed.

Nice looking condo speakers. Probably don't cut the Led Zeppelin mustard much but might be great for jazz.

They actually Rock, Monty. Amazing sound. They pair in stereo well, stream via WiFi so it's lossless streaming, and put out amazing bass. The bottom portion is the sub-woofer and the top is the snap-on midrange-tweeter receiver. You are not going to shatter glass, but they kind of blow me away. And in a condo, you don't want to shake the walls anyway.

Tidal just sent me another offer for 30 free days of their High Rez streaming. I'll jump on that because that will be perfect for these speakers.

I'm well familiar with that I-90 corridor between Buffalo and Albany. I have also commuted from Cleveland (when Continental Airlines hubbed there) to Buffalo in blinding lake-effect snow storms blowing in off of Lake Erie. Yikes. Some very white knuckle driving. I remember one evening, driving with a rented SUV with 4 wheel drive worrying that I was perhaps NOT on the highway during a blinding snow storm around 10 PM in January. Very hard to tell where the highway ended and the shoulder and drop-off began. I finally pulled off the highway in Hamburg and checked into a Red Roof motel just to get off the road.

Before long, every driver in Buffalo learns the true meaning of the expression "white out". ;)

Back
Top Bottom