Mitsubishi DT-30 HELP!

BF PIerce

Hi I recently purchased a Mitsubishi DT-30 cassette deck and the capstan belt is basically dissolved so I need replacement but I can't for the life of me find one online. Anyone know where I can find replacement belts for this deck?
3c76f595b093dad2eb0b67bad5218e88.jpg

This deck is almost identical to the ITT 8025 (transport, most of the electronic).

Check with this reference.

Don't know if you figured out which belt you need, but I believe that it is a FBM9.6. I just got a DT-30 off of ebay and should get it tomorrow. Pics showed two broken belts that were flat belts. Don't know if they are the same. Also, I scored both the original service manual and owner's manual in a different auction and should get them pretty soon. Media mail. Probably only have time to take the cover off and decide whether or not I want to take on the belts. Gotta a vacation coming up. I understand that parts are unobtainable so that might be an issue. I have been looking for a DT-30 for years because I have the matching amp, pre-amp, tuner and meters. Might try to score an LT-30 too. Mentioned the DT-30 to the guy that fixed my Yamaha M-70 amp and he claimed that he could fix one regardless. Hopefully just the belts.

Last edited:
I pick up decks from Goodwill when I can find a good 3 head one. Usually belts and DeoxIT and they are good to go. If not then I just donate them back unless they are valuable enough to get them repaired. Problem is finding someone who can fix them. Just got the DT-30. As described the FF and Rew. work. The pics seemed to indicate that there were two broken belts but I believe that there is only one belt that goes around both flywheels. The capstan motor works in play mode. The other two belts look old and tired but work. Looks like a pretty easy belt job.

Back
Top Bottom